Showed up late afternoon on a Wednesday with no reservations and we were greeted kindly. Got an oceanfront room with a balcony ($169) which i felt was a good price for the location and being a touristy town & the view was awesome. Room is nice, comfy, clean and roomy. Chairs are on the balcony. There is a lighthouse you can view from your room & visit during low tide. Small town, easy to get around in. There's area several restaurants, but the hotel referred us to Charts by the harbor. It was pretty good food, kind of bland, but hey I'm from Texas and expect some spice. Best part of harbor....the seals and sealions that are laying out on the floats. Hester had a good cont' breakfast and they're remodeling to add a lounge area w bar...looks like it will be nice. Free wifi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn