Oceanfront Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
A On 8th(Crescent City)
  • Breakfast included
Motel 6 Crescent City(Crescent City)
Pacific Inn(Crescent City)
Redwood Inn(Crescent City)
Bayview Inn(Crescent City)
View Hotel
Town House Motel(Crescent City)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsbalcony roomjetted tublight housebattery point lighthousewaves crashingview of the oceanwafflesthird floorpacific coastlow tidefree breakfastindoor poolstaff was very friendly and helpfulnice breakfastroad tripbalconiesredwoods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2008

We went to Crescent City without reservations assuming there would be plenty of vacancies in May and we were right. We checked out a couple of other facilities as we knew that the Hampton Inn had quite high rates. After we drove down to see it, we went in to check on the rates and it was about 5 p.m. on a Sunday evening. It is well away from the highway and traffic so very quiet. They gave us a nice room on the second floor overlooking the ocean for $135. which was only about $25 more than other motels in the area with no view. It had a door that opened onto a little balcony with two chairs, which was nice as it was a lovely evening. The bathroom was large with the sink and dressing table in the bathroom instead of in the room. It was very clean and they noted that they wash everything on the bed between guests. There were two comfortable chairs in the room. There was a microwave and small refrigerator. This room was small but adequate and having a door and windows on the back made it seem larger. There is a very nice large area off of the lobby to sit and read or watch TV and they serve a continental plus breakfast in a nice clean bright area. There was yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee, pastries but included were egg patties and biscuits and gravy if that appeals to you. We are sure the rate was lower due to the slow time of year for travelers but a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 December 2007

Having driven around Crescent City, my birthplace, I believe this is the best place to stay. This is a typical Hampton however is $100.00 a night over priced. Crescent City is a wonderful place to visit and see the ocean and play a round of golf at Del Norte, but I am happy my parents moved us away when I was just a kid.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2007

They missed my wake-up call the first morning so we barely made it to breakfast. Later a couple walked into our room while my fiancee and I were dressing. Turns out the front desk staff 'forgot' the room was occupied and gave them key cards. When my fiancee called them to complain they blamed her for not double-locking the door!!! The manager, Philip, was conveniently absent the whole time, and has not returned my phone calls to discuss the "100% satisfaction or money back" pledge. Apparently it's just lip service? Also, the windows looking out over the ocean were so dirty you could barely see through them. And the water in the shower backs up so much you may as well take a bath. I've steered a few people away from this place already and will continue to do so until someone decides to contact me about the problems with the front desk.

To this date, 12/6/07, neith the hotel or the online Hilton contact has responded. I am going to see about reversing the charges on the credit card. Thanks for the hassle Hampton Inn!

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank WedGuest
Reviewed 9 October 2007

We stayed here after the first place we checked in turned into a nightmare - got a great rate here at the last minute. The views were great, service was fabulous, breakfast was fine. We would not have paid 197 for it but at 90 it was just fine. Clean, well-maintained, not noisy, etc.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 September 2007

We spent two nights here. The view is to die for, but otherwise, this hotel did not seem up to Hampton standards.
We are gold points HiltonHHonors members. When I mentioned that at check in the desk clerk said the upgrade was a water and snack in the room. When I told them it wasn't there, they sent it up, but I felt like I had to beg for a few cheesy crackers.
The balcony from the room needed a good cleaning.
The second day the maid service made the beds but did absolutely nothing in the bathroom--totally nothing. No cleaning, new towels or anything.
The breakfast met minimal Hampton standards, but otherwise, was not overly generous.
The computer in the business center died the first morning we were there. Their (very nice) guy repaired it, but than it broke again.
This was fun for us because we came to see the Redwoods and the ocean, but I wouldn't really recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2007