Oceanfront Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
A On 8th(Crescent City)
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Motel 6 Crescent City(Crescent City)
Pacific Inn(Crescent City)
Redwood Inn(Crescent City)
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Bayview Inn(Crescent City)
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Town House Motel(Crescent City)
  • Free Internet
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbalcony roomjetted tublight housebattery point lighthousewaves crashingview of the oceanwafflesthird floorpacific coastlow tidefree breakfastindoor poolstaff was very friendly and helpfulnice breakfastroad tripbalconiesredwoods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Room was dirty. Repairs were needed throughout the property and where they were done you could see it was a sloppy haphazard job that was visible to guests.....paint on carpet, unfinished drywall with visible screws. The room had a view, to bad the windows were so filthy and blocked with seagull poop. Curtains were broken in our room. Parking lot was unkept with tall weeds growing everywhere. Upon check out tried to pay cash and front desk was unable to accomplish that. Kept taking phone calls rather then handling customers at the front desk. Overall rooms were overpriced for the condition and treatment of the customer. Wouldn't ever stay there again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank 81artmonk
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Not much to this little town...dingy motels and closed shops. It was a bit out of our family budget but worth it. Great location and views and clean huge suite for the 5 of us. The three young boys loved the warm indoor pool. This property is on the coast so it is worthwhile to have a room in the back and go walking along the beach to the lighthouse on the little hill. Our room had the softest sheets and comfortable pillows. Loved it! Breakfast was hot continental and enough for the hungry boys to fill up.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I called today regarding the following illegal practice of charging my account. I was given initials CM & XJ as the names of the management. This was a one day stay, we explained we were driving around the country from Florida. We had driven south from Oregon taking 101 which added about 3 - 4 hours to the trip. As usual, I checked the account prior to check out noting a 14.99 extra charge. The staff member behind the desk said the charge was for a movie and signed the receipt that the charge would be removed by the manager/owner. Now, Oceanfront Lodge has hit our credit card for an additional of charge of 4.99 six days after our stay instead of removing the first erroneous charge. In our approximately 3 week trip, this is the only hotel who has placed any other charge on our credit card other than the charge for lodging/room/hotel tax fee. To be clear according to management the charges are for movies, one the day of and another charged six days later. It will be my mission to expose this illegal type of charging by this company. According to Del Norte County, reference: Redwood Oceanfront Resort LLC, Xiao Jin Yuan. Reference: Bizapedia.com Redwood Oceanfront LLC for additional names and of course reference the state of California. It really is a shame that we have received this type of treatment from a hotel in a great location and view on the ocean. The hotel is no longer affiliated with Hampton or Hilton which may have further implications with the facility.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank FLORIDAJONES
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We left best western down the road, great decision. This hotel is nice, clean, reasonable, great location, great free hot breakfast. NO COMPLAINTS. Staff also wonderful. The location and the view are amazing. I will return and stay here again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good. 2nd and 3rd floor better yet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a specific room at the end of May and was given a confirmation number. On the day of my arrival, July 5th, I find my room has been changed. When I call to inquire, I'm told I'll have to pay a higher rate to get my original room back. From other reviews, I see this is common practice here. Avoid this unethical, pathetic excuse of a hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple