“Nice Location”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Crescent City
Lexington, Kentucky
“Nice Location”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were please with the location, very pretty. The bed and bedding in the first room we were assigned to was questionable. We always look for signs of bedbugs. The mattress had black specks in the cording seams and the bottom sheet had not been changed, hairs on it and body wrinkles. We asked for another room and were quickly given an upgraded one.

We checked into the second one, it was clean and passed bedbug inspection. The rooms are quite plain. Our dinner was okay as was breakfast. Common areas are nice looking and the view of the ocean was relaxing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper levels facing the water have a nicer view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pprff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Key Largo, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were quoted a different price for the room the night we arrived. Upon check out I asked for a receipt, then realized they charged my CC without a signature & that the price was $20 more than what I was told. When I asked why the clerk proceeded to get agitated, so I proceeded to continue on my adventure and in the parking lot someone over heard me and said the same thing happened to them on another trip through! Renovations were a joke and poorly done with a sloppy paint job! Great view from rooms unless you are on the north end of hotel. I would rather keep driving than stay at that joke of a hotel!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the south end of hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Misscvp

Travellers are raving about these Crescent City hotels

yucaipa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Room was dirty. Repairs were needed throughout the property and where they were done you could see it was a sloppy haphazard job that was visible to guests.....paint on carpet, unfinished drywall with visible screws. The room had a view, to bad the windows were so filthy and blocked with seagull poop. Curtains were broken in our room. Parking lot was unkept with tall weeds growing everywhere. Upon check out tried to pay cash and front desk was unable to accomplish that. Kept taking phone calls rather then handling customers at the front desk. Overall rooms were overpriced for the condition and treatment of the customer. Wouldn't ever stay there again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank 81artmonk
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Not much to this little town...dingy motels and closed shops. It was a bit out of our family budget but worth it. Great location and views and clean huge suite for the 5 of us. The three young boys loved the warm indoor pool. This property is on the coast so it is worthwhile to have a room in the back and go walking along the beach to the lighthouse on the little hill. Our room had the softest sheets and comfortable pillows. Loved it! Breakfast was hot continental and enough for the hungry boys to fill up.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I called today regarding the following illegal practice of charging my account. I was given initials CM & XJ as the names of the management. This was a one day stay, we explained we were driving around the country from Florida. We had driven south from Oregon taking 101 which added about 3 - 4 hours to the trip. As usual, I checked the account prior to check out noting a 14.99 extra charge. The staff member behind the desk said the charge was for a movie and signed the receipt that the charge would be removed by the manager/owner. Now, Oceanfront Lodge has hit our credit card for an additional of charge of 4.99 six days after our stay instead of removing the first erroneous charge. In our approximately 3 week trip, this is the only hotel who has placed any other charge on our credit card other than the charge for lodging/room/hotel tax fee. To be clear according to management the charges are for movies, one the day of and another charged six days later. It will be my mission to expose this illegal type of charging by this company. According to Del Norte County, reference: Redwood Oceanfront Resort LLC, Xiao Jin Yuan. Reference: Bizapedia.com Redwood Oceanfront LLC for additional names and of course reference the state of California. It really is a shame that we have received this type of treatment from a hotel in a great location and view on the ocean. The hotel is no longer affiliated with Hampton or Hilton which may have further implications with the facility.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank FLORIDAJONES
Marysville, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We left best western down the road, great decision. This hotel is nice, clean, reasonable, great location, great free hot breakfast. NO COMPLAINTS. Staff also wonderful. The location and the view are amazing. I will return and stay here again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good. 2nd and 3rd floor better yet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa S
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a specific room at the end of May and was given a confirmation number. On the day of my arrival, July 5th, I find my room has been changed. When I call to inquire, I'm told I'll have to pay a higher rate to get my original room back. From other reviews, I see this is common practice here. Avoid this unethical, pathetic excuse of a hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
#8 of 18 in Crescent City
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Best Western Beachfront Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast

Been to Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!