“Good Stay for one night-Friendly people”

Ocean View Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Los Angeles, California
“Good Stay for one night-Friendly people”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Location-Good on the hwy, most of them are. We did not find Crescent city interesting.
Reception- Friendly and helpful
Breakfast –Continental cold foods
Room-Large 2 queen. Clean fairly well decorated for a mid-budget hotel.
Light for reading –Good
Bed –Comfortable with clean linens. Don’t like that they still have bedspreads. They are unhygienic as they are not changed for every client.. Most Hotels are getting rid of them. Another thing to get rid are those unsightly pieces of blue plastic or fabric around a real nice collection of wood ships, a simple wood base would be much nicer.
Air Conditioning-Heater-Good but noisy
Wi-Fi-Good
TV-Nice and modern
Refrigerator-Good and they also have a microwave
Room for bags-Plenty
Tea Kettle or coffee maker-Yes
Bathroom-Nice clean towels. The floor was very sticky.
Shower pressure-Good
Towels-Thin but clean
Amenities-basic
Full length mirror-No
Makeup mirror- No
Parking-Free
Laundry-Self Serve
Iron and ironing board-Yes
Complimentary bottle water-No, water is good to drink in California
Plugs-Good

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Starviagera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Chicago
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for one night during our road trip to Oregon. The staff in the hotel is really friendly and helpful. The rooms are huge. It's not a luxury hotel but it's very clean and well maintained. They also have breakfast in the morning. The Mexican restaurant right across from the hotel is actually quite good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ayu312
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed one night here. It's was all around excellent. We had to call to make a reservation instead of online, the person who answered the phone was friendly and helpful. Check in is at 2 pm and check out is at 11 am. We had a first floor room and barely heard the occupants above when they walked. The room was 2 queens ( beds were firm but comfy) very spacious and clean. This hotel is only about a year old so pretty much everything is new. The continental breakfast is good and had a wide variety to choose from. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Stephanne B
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I arrived without any booking, but it is still early in the season and I can get away with this. I'm not sure I could be so lucky during the summer holidays.

I found the Oceanview to be one of the better places I've ever stayed at. No doubt some of this is because it is a relatively new place, so everything is clean and functional. All the staff I encountered were very pleasant and helpful. The room suited me well and was spacious. The internet connection was solid and very fast. Finally, a hotel that understands how important this is in this day and age. The rate was very good. I used my AAA membership discount. Again, that probably has something to do with the time of year. I believe their rates go up on July 1.

Most of the clientele were older, like me, so they were in bed and asleep in good time. The construction of the place is just simple wood/gyprock, so if my neighbours had been noisy they would have bothered me. As it was, it was nice and quiet.

The breakfast was simple, but sufficient.

The location is right in the middle of everything in the town, so that is good.

The views from the main floor bedrooms is not of the ocean, but I didn't mind as I got down to the ocean a lot on my own. However, the views from the upper floors must be very nice.

If you are in Crescent City and need a motel/hotel I would recumbent Ocean View.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Jack B
Paradise, Ca
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here one night. We enjoyed it. We had a third floor room with a balcony. The fake fireplace was enjoyable. The slider to the balcony was a treat. The jacuzzi tub very relaxing after a long day on the road. During the night, the wind blew and the rain came down some. Probably not advised, but I opened the slider and pulled the curtain back. I was greeted by the sound of the ocean and a fishing boat returning from sea. The only bummer was the entry door began to rattle. I got up and put a comb in the jam and silenced it, but that made me notice the jacuzzi tub plumbing appeared to be rattling. Not much I could do about that. Then I noticed the wind wad howling and passing through the walls at the tub. I returned to bed, and eventually faded to sleep even with the rattle of the plumbing. If you dont open the doors during a windy rain storm, this hotel offers wonderful clean and confortable rooms. Beautiful private feeling views. Very nice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kaibacha
Jefferson, OR
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here on our recent trip to see the redwoods. Our room was spacious and very reasonably priced. The beds were comfy, and the bathroom was clean and adequate. Nothing fancy but pleasant and well maintained. Staff were very friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was adequate and sufficient to get the day started, the coffee was plentiful, although it did not pass on flavor. I guess we've spoiled our taste buds on Starbucks coffee. This hotel was conveniently located, and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Malibu, California
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This spot was great. Huge spacious room, so nice and quiet - I don't say "perfect sleep" easily and I slept fantastically. Beautiful view, including the lighthouse in the distance at night - that made it all that much more "seaside". I wish it wasn't raining so hard the next morning because the walk path behind the hotel looked inviting. Linger around if you have the time, it'll add to your experience. Don't think twice about staying at this hotel, it's a really good one :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
#8 of 19 in Crescent City
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn

Been to Ocean View Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!