“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We also ate here after a day of hiking in the redwoods and along the coast. There were only 2 other people in the restaurant on a Sunday evening. The waitress was friendly but the service was slow and the food just average. There are marvelous windows around the dining area but a lot of the view is of harbor industrial and an RV park. I think they could update the interior a bit and make it more of a harbor theme. There is also a little gift shop below but it was closed when we were there.

2  Thank ireland2010Colorado

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I enjoyed my sole dinner after a long day hiking in the redwoods. I especially liked the second floor vistas from three sides. There are views of the water, boats and harbor. I liked the fact that it was not upscale or touristy.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Food and service were excellent. The restaurant was clean and the seafood dishes were fresh and well prepared. As a new resident of Crescent City I am trying all of the restaurants and I will certainly come back here. There is a great view of the harbor. Live music would be great!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were there on Mother's Day and maybe because it was getting late the place was not crowded so we got a nice window seat with a view. I had the chicken sandwich that came with really good onion rings and a Boont amber ale that now is one of my favorite beers on tap. My wife had clam chowder which she did not like, said it tasted like celery salt. Our service was great.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

You can be swayed by the naysayers complaining that it was too busy on Valentine's Day or any other reason but here's our opinion, and every body has one.
We have been coming here for 25 years.
The restaurant has been in business since 1961. While many others have come and gone, this one remains and does a good business. We almost did not go to this restaurant because of recent reviews on TripAdvisor complaining of slow service, the view of the FISHERMAN'S trailers (that is how the locals earn a living), etc.
We decided to give it a try and we were very pleased.
We were greeted by our meticulous hostess Janelle, served by our sweet waitress Lori, and enjoyed watching Kayla serving nearby, all of them enjoying their work and professional in every way.
I had the shrimp Louie and my husband had the fresh wild Chinook salmon, served with clam chowder, baked potato and fresh vegetables, all of it delicious.
The food appears to be mostly deep fried on the menu, however you can request poached, steamed or sautéed.
They had a daily fresh menu to include fresh halibut, chinook salmon, petrale sole and snapper. When going to a seafood restaurant, we recommend ordering SEAFOOD, always a good bet..... especially the fresh fish.
When in Rome, ENJOY the local fare, consider your logistics, and be grateful.
We will be back!