“Absolutley disgusting”
Review of Penny Saver Inn

Penny Saver Inn
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We came here after a nine hour drive from seattle, hoping to relax and sleep. We didn't expect much because of the outside appearance. When we walked in, we automatically thought it was nasty. It smelled of mildew, the beds were dirty and there was even a suspicious stain on the blanket of one of the beds. I'm pretty sure it was blood because there was some on the wall next to the bathroom too. We were so grossed out that we had to walk to walgreens (which is across the street, the only convienent thing about this hotel) and buy disinfectant and clorox wipes so we could sanitize everything. I didn't even want to take my shoes off because the carpet looked filthy. The restaurant next door, their menu was made available in the room, was gross as well. Its like the buffett was sitting out ALL DAY. The pool was cold and the hot tub was broken due to someone who had stolen the wires. I also think some of the staff were teenagers. Oh and the fridge didn't work either. We stayed in room 105. It was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank thatwassososolame
There are newer reviews for Penny Saver Inn

Reviewed 9 August 2011

the room looked like the out side of the building so i didn't expect much. paid for two nites in cash the job i was in town to do got put off refused to give me a refund on the second night. pretended not to speak English when i asked for it back. old key lock instead of a magnetic key card, not vary reassuring in the bad side of town that they are in

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was one of the nastiest, seedy hotels I've ever stayed in! The rooms were filthy, the beds were dirty, unclean and hard as a rock! The walls were spackled so heavy that even the lights, tiolet paper rolls, etc were spackled over! There were piles of dirt on the floor everywhere! The beds had crud on the sheets (don't want to imagine what it was) and things didn't work, phone included. There was a lot of mold growing everywhere even. I just want to forget I ever stayed here! Ugh!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank SeptemberAngel
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Where to begin? Pool not heated, hot tub drained and surrounded by caution tape, rusty everything, dilapidated stairwell, holes in walls/doors, paper-thin walls and a headboard that actually fell off the wall while my mom and niece were sleeping in the bed. When I complained about it in the morning the woman wearing a manager badge was very sweet & apologetic; but said she didn't actually work there after all and was only filling in. The woman at check-in was very sweet as well. However, nobody bothered to call my home to find out if my mom or niece had been hurt, to apologize for the stay or to offer any compensation. I wish I'd consulted tripadvisor prior to registering with the establishment.

Room Tip: There probably aren't any good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2010

i checked in around 7pm with my husban and children altogather they are 6 of us they told me that i could get a family suite with a roll away to accodmate. also pool and hot tub as children wanted to swim.when pulling in theparking lot we saw people in hoods as if they were dealing drugs turns out one was the manager the room was filthy broken toilet mildew all over in bathroom blood on bedroom wall and the heated pool and hot tub thats a joke as well.when i asked for a refund they informed me that they do not give refunds for any reason.this must happen offten!! this was by far the worst stay i have ever had at a motel it truly looked as if it should be rented by the hour.i was told by other people in town that this was the new management they must not care what happens to there hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank luvthec0ast
pennysaverinn, Owner at Penny Saver Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2011

Thank you to everyone that has posted a review. To all the people that wrote a bad review, as the Owner of the property I personally want to send my sincere apologies. I was not present on the property during these times.
Due to the problems were posted on these reviews and others, I started looking closely into my management. I found all the problems listed and much more. I took it all under advisement.
I FIRED the management team.
I HIRED a new team. This team has worked hard to clean up the mess .
Please give us another chance. The rooms have been thoroughly cleaned. The managers are honest and fair people.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 August 2010

i had a very bad experience their i came from san jose drove in the pennysaver after a seven1/2 hour drive well i walked in and ask for a room for the weekend they ask for a 50 dollars deposit that was fine i paid for my stay when i came back saturday they took my clothesand suietcase and put them in the laundry room and took my 50 dollars the desk clark was very rode not only that i went threw my suietcase and notice they stole 20 dollaes out of my suietcase thats 70 dollars they took from me so if you ask me for a place to stay no tharts not it in less you like your things stloen from you so please pay a little more some where else and be safe.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank scoobydoo63
pennysaverinn, Owner at Penny Saver Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2011

Due to the problems that were posted on these reviews and others, I started looking closely into my management. I found all the problems listed and much more. I took it all under advisement.
I FIRED the management teams. (John and Pam) (Donald and Katelyn)
I HIRED a new team, James and Genevieve. This team has experience not only in hospitality but customer relations. James has many years of experience with maintenance. He has been working on updating the rooms. Genevieve is a business and marketing student at the university. She has been working on computerizing the complete motel. Both managers have spotless backgrounds. The managers are honest and fair people.
Each room has been thoroughly cleaned. Housekeeping is done daily in each room. The grounds are cleaned daily. The continental breakfast is only during July thru September. The pool and hot tub will both be up and running soon; we are repainting, tiling, and replacing heaters.
We offer discounts for AAA, AARP, Military, Senior, and Students. We offer packages for Families or groups. We have Holiday package specials. The rates start at $49.00 and up. All our rooms are two queen beds or one king. We have suites with two rooms. There are microwaves, refrigerators, and coffee pots in select rooms. Soon all rooms will have these, along with iron w/iron board, hair dryer, alarm clock, and NEW pillows.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 June 2009

I stopped here on my way to a seminar in Oregon. The price was very reasonable, and when I inquired about staying in a quiet room because I'm a light sleeper, the desk clerk kindly provided me with a family suite at no extra cost because that room would be the quietest. The room was plain but it had everything I needed, including a small refrigerator (note to future guests - plug it in! I didn't notice the fridge was unplugged and my food spoiled). The room was clean and relatively quiet for being next to a road. Overall, I got a great bargain, and I enjoyed the friendly staff, who made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo