“THIS IS NOT A B&B. THEY DON'T SERVE BREAKFAST.”
Review of Front Street Inn

Front Street Inn
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel on our way north through the Redwoods. Found the owners to be very accommodating but overall the hotel was below average.

Lot's of road noise all night long. The bed was reasonably comfortable. Room cleanliness was questionable.

This hotel has been misclassified in TripAdvisor it is not a B&B.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2old2work

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed there a few weeks ago - - Great people, (family owned) very clean, reasonable rates, ( not the Hyatt ), helpful, amicable, amiable, across the street from the water... would love to stay there again ! ! Luckily for travelers Crescent City has a large amount /glut of hotel rooms & the prices were traveler friendly... compared to other cities along the way thru coastal-Cali & Oregon... Lily-gal @ the front desk is the-best along w/the whole family !... Ice machine, TV w/ plenty chanels !!, air/heater, micro, coffee & Refrige in room... Grocery & restaurants close by... what would'ja want for 59- 69 bux... I could stay a week or two there... w/the Klamath just down the road & tons of water / nature activities etc. close by; why would you want to spend a lot on a hotel room unless you were having an affair or on your honeymoon ? help out the economy, spend some money around town & enjoy this water front hotel ! ! Chris Nieves

Room Tip: ... I'm sure they'e all good w/ some having better views than others... we arrived late (ver...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I am one to read reviews so I can have an idea of what ni am booking, so I just felt like I should comment on this hotel.
I have been thru crescent city a 1000 times, this is the first time we stayed. The hotel is run down, and looks like it could be a live in motel. The rooms seemed clean, but i think because the area, the room just had a need to disinfect feeling. Toilets wouldn't flush, the vending machine was there but completly empty. The view was nice, but it didn't seem safe to walk down to the water at night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nadya S
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Crescent City to go to Redwood National Park. We found no great looking hotels, so we booked at the Front Street Inn. It was a very low budget hotel, but relatively clean. Walls are very thin, we could hear the people next to us all night. Not recommended, but ok if you have nowhere else to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank JRWalker
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Before I begin: if any of the following bother you, this place is not for you: uneven paint job, outdated fixtures (for example, a rusty shower curtain rod), oddly placed outlets, etc.

However, if you aren't particular about your furnishings, I highly recommend this place. The rooms were highly affordable, the owner us super nice, and the place is clean and cozy. The mini fridge and microwave were a cost saving bonus. If we come back to Crescent City (I hope we can!), we will definitely be back! It isn't fancy but it is everything we need.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katlover86
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at this property during our trip to the Redwoods. The motel looks quite shabby from the outside. But, the room was unexpectedly very clean! It also had microwave, refrigerator and TV. We had an ocean view room on the second floor. It had a really nice view of the pacific. Considering the price I paid, I won't expect more !!! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nilotpalr
Reviewed 19 January 2014

It was a better place to crash than my car, my boyfriend and I were exhausted and needed a hot shower and warm bed. That's precisely what we received. Street noise was insistent on disrupting us but considering the location it was expected. For less than sixty dollars it served the purpose.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple