“hmm”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Creston, Canada
“hmm”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My family stayed here for two nights. We didn't really have an opinion either way at first but on the morning after our first night my infant pulled some underwear out from underneath the tv stand. Needless to say we were not too happy about that. My wife took a better look around the room and also found empty beer cans under the beds. We informed the front desk who seemed genuinely concerned and sent housekeeping to our room to clean up. We left the room for over an hour while our room was being cleaned and when we returned it seemed better.

In the morning of our second night we found that there was still underwear beneath the tv stand and the underwear from the previous day was found with our clothing. I don't know if these underwear were clean or dirty but I am not too happy about this. When we checked out there was no one at the front desk to let know about our stay.

I don't know what kind of vacuum the hotel uses but my baby's clothes were more dirty from crawling around this hotel room than from camping in the dirt.

Breakfast in the lobby is pretty sparse. I understand I am not paying a premium for a room but it wouldn't hurt to put a few cups of yogurt in the fridge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Acceptable and completely unremarkable. Nothing objectionable but should cost about 30% less. Included microwave, fridge, Wi-Fi and continental breakfast. Found the front desk staff to be indifferent. I would suggest that the management have their staff dress in some sort of uniform manner even if it is just a logo T-shirt.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank specialklc
Oregon
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The room was clean and large for the price. The wi-fi was very good. There was a microwave and fridge, and the bathroom had a tub shower. The door had two dead bolts, but neither one engaged in the door frame, so the place didn't feel very secure.

Room Tip: Make sure the locks work before settling in.
Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bhreagh50
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here many nights as a business traveler. The room was spacious and always very clean. I liked the white comforters. They were the new type, wrapped in sheets so you know they have been washed regularly. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is convenient to shops, beaches and The Redwoods.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here on our second night of our road trip. I'm usually OK with a "less than 5 star" place to stay on a road trip overnight, but this place was downright scary. There were very shady people hanging out in the parking lot, several of them we saw panhandling in the grocery store parking lot across the street. This is the second place I have stayed at in Crescent City and I am sad to say that on future trips I will stay in another town. I was grateful to check out and be on our way.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelBuginSD
CA
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have seen many unfavorable reviews of this motel. Our room was large, clean, had a microwave and fridge. The wi-fi worked fine. There was a very friendly young lady (who spoke English) at the desk when we checked in. Our room was away from the road so we did not have any road noise. It was fine for a night's stay. Not the place I'd stay if it was a longer stay but good for an "on the road" stop. Breakfast was served in the office. There were three small tables. They did have a waffle maker, English muffins and small bagels. The orange juice was watered down. It was more like water with a teaspoon of orange juice added. They had also run out of knives (the had the cheapest of plastic utensils). When we asked for knives the man in the office said they had run out.
The family who runs the place is East Indian.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the back if freeway noise bothers you.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fungramma51
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My Husband and I decided at the last minute to drive to Redwoods Nat'l Park so made reservations thru Choice Hotels, got a good rate 67.00 a nite, free wifi, fridge and MICROWAVE in room free parking outside the room, close by all restaurants and stores comfy beds, and they even kept our reservation cause by the time we hit Eureka too tired to drive 2.5 more hrs. told them to charge us for the night we couldn't c/i. Megan said it would be okay! We arrived to the hotel and looks like its old, okay so don't judge a book by its cover! stayed in room 105 for 3 nights, very comfortable and clean. The Management helpful, computer in lobby for free, for all those who have complained about this hotel, you could've went somewhere else, the parking area clean and as for noise no way! Room very clean didn't have hskpng for the total stay. We would truly stay again and again, Management very friendly!! Thank You Econo Lodge..

Room Tip: This hotel is 1 floor, and there are no south side rooms, we stayed in 105 this is a great room, no...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple