“Nice beach access, but bring your own cleaner and TP to the bathroom!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Shoreline RV Park and Campground
Redding, California
“Nice beach access, but bring your own cleaner and TP to the bathroom!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The beach access is nice, but the cleanliness of the park was poor. The bathroom was just "cleaned" and the toilet was clearly neglected! It was splattered with urine and it was clearly not fresh! Gross! The rest of my trip, resulted in cleaning the seat myself and supplying my own TP, as they were out alot! The man, Charlie, YELLED at me twice about my dog not being on a leash. The first time she was walking out of the RV and to the rope. The second time, we got out of the car and before my door was shut he was YELLING angrily about my dog being on a leash. "HEY!! GET THAT DOG ON LEASH!! I'M SICK OF YELLING AT YOU ABOUT THIS!!" ...Isn't the way I would remind guests of the park rules if I were hosting! Horrible hosting! That man will be chasing people out of there with a stick soon, at the rate he's going!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank HDellamaria

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Redding
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited this place for 4th of July, 2014. Filthy bathrooms. Doesn't look anything like the beautiful picture you see. Grass all dead. Garbage all over. What a dump! What else can I say. Not a nice place.

Room Tip: My tip...look for another place to park your RV.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank NancyFFF

Travellers are raving about these Crescent City hotels

Cantril, Iowa
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were so looking forward to this campground. Right on the beach, walking to town, it sounded ideal. But it was a sad, dirty place. Very rundown with what appeared to be transients living there. The noise from the highway drowned out and ocean sounds and there are lots of people walking past the campground at all hours of the night. For the first time ever, we locked up the RV before going to bed. The bathrooms were old and unclean. The WiFi never worked. All in all, a huge disappointment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JCaproon
Sherwood, Oregon
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The location is fantastic, right on the beach. Everything else is terrible. My biggest complaint is the bathrooms. One toilet didn't flush. The shower didn't drain well at all and some dark chunks floated up from the drain while I was showering. It was gross. The pump out station was full. We were told we would have wifi and it didn't work. Some of the full time rvs were in bad shape. I will never stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karen C
Oregon
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I came here from Oregon. What a great location, although the bay area is very shallow with no waves. When the tide is out, it's far out and you don't really see the water too much. But when the tide is in, the water is just on the other side of the rocks.

Once you get out of the gravel roads in the park, there are plenty of places to ride bikes, all flat. You can ride for as long as you'd like or for just a short ride to the park.

We stayed in the front row. The spaces are on the narrow side but Charlie (the guy in the office) tries to leave empty space between RVs. We found this park to be pretty quiet so it wasn't too bad having smaller spaces.

I talked with Charlie a couple of times when we were there and he seemed like a nice fellow. We're about the same age and I enjoyed joking with him. Boy, he sure had some horror stories about some of the campers and what they try to get away with! He's been here for MANY years and has seen it all!

I suspect that some campers just don't like to follow the rules here and that's why they don't like him - he certainly was polite and courteous around me and my wife.

We stayed at Shoreline for several days, just relaxing. There is a dredging project going on in the harbor and it was enjoyable to sit and watch the tugs move huge barges around and then tow them out to sea. We liked hearing the fog horn and even the sea lions barking over at the marina.

We'll stay here again.

Room Tip: The front spaces have the best view but are narrower.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
SEATTLE
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

If you are a tent camper, this place has everything you need. It's all no-frills, but it has all the basics covered: lots of grassy tent sites, free hot showers (really hot!), and laundry. Can't beat the location either. It's next to a marina, 5-minutes walk to stores, a movie theatre, and restaurants, and only a mile from the beach. Paradise for only $22.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank B T
Westwood, California
Reviewed 16 July 2013

we had stayed here the year before and loved it. good location, good price and very nice people. we went in march of this year with our grandchildren the gal at the desk gave us a good price and was very nice. after we started putting up tents for children the manager came over demanding more money, very foul mouthed, very much a jerk and very rude. yelling & cussing at everyone he seemed to come into contact with. including the gal at the desk. we ended up leaving. will not go back as long as he is there. to bad really enjoyed the campground the first time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family