Coyote Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$165
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
US$386
US$308
  • Restaurant
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$198
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$171
Saddle & Surrey Motel(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$166
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$228
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$392
US$254
QualityInn
Columbine Inn(Estes Park)
US$179
The Maxwell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$182
The Historic Crags Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$242
All reviewsaspen cottagegreat cottagesleeping porchgreen gablesblock walkclose to townbig hornshort drivefire pitwithin walking distance of downtownfront porchstanley hotelsleeper sofathe main dragrestaurants and shopsa wonderful staywasher and dryer
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Great location just a walk away from downtown Estes Park--but very quiet and wonderful views everywhere. The cabin was spotless; the beds very comfortable. There is lots of outdoor furniture so that you can enjoy the views.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We were in Estes Park for a wedding and really enjoyed our stay at River Rock Cottages. The beds were very comfortable, the kitchen was very functional, and the location was great. The walk to the main street was just under 5 minutes so we didn't have to get involved in traffic/parking hassles yet the area was quiet at night. Location was part of the reason we selected this property because it was also close to the wedding and reception venues. WiFi worked well for those in our group who had to check email etc. Also nice to have access to Rocky Mountain Natl Park via Fall River Road so didn't have to drive through town.

Room Tip: The web site has diagrams of each cabin so have a look at those to figure out if the arrangements (number of beds etc) will meet your needs.
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This is our second year we have visited Estes Park. Both times we stayed at this location. Normally I don't write reviews about positive experiences, but was very pleased with our stay, and wanted to share. Both times my wife and I stayed here for 5 nights, 4 days. Can't wait to bring the kids up here when they are old enough and will probably be staying at River Rock again. The owners live on site, are an amiable couple, who appear very accommodating, although I don't know for sure because we have never needed anything while on our stay. Both of the cabins we have stayed in were VERY clean, modern, and quiet.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Our family has visited River Rock Cottages many times over the past few years, and everyone loves it. My children (4 & 6) can't wait to go back! We love the property and how close it is to town. The owners always make us feel at home and welcome our kids with great enthusiasm. We have stayed in 3 of the cabins and they are always clean and cozy. Thank you for a super get-away.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We booked our stay to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. Unfortunately, I wish we would have stayed elsewhere. Upon arrival the owner stormed over and without even giving a friendly hello or welcome, he instead started scolding the kids and going into a rant about how they needed to stay off the rocks and not climb on them. I'm sorry but I think there is a nicer way to greet your guests and a more polite way to tell children the rules. We were scolded again when we politely asked for towel exchange. It stated right on the website towels were available for exchange upon request. However, when we asked we again got a lecture about how it is breaking city codes to have a laundry delivery truck on the property. I don't think asking for clean linens is too much. The last incident left me sick to my stomach when my 2 year old let out a yell (she is two and sometimes they do that without warming) and the next thing I knew the owner was yelling at all the kids and shaking his finger in their faces. I'm sorry but if you have a problem please tell the parents, don't yell at the children. Sadly, this place is not for kids. I would recommend finding another place unless you want to be walking around on eggshells wondering what will set off the owner next. Sadly, I can't recommend this place to others. It's in a good location and property is clean but the hospitality is lacking terribly. It's sad that such a neat place has to be run by such a grumpy owner.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family