“Very nice cabin!”
Review of StoneBrook Resort

StoneBrook Resort
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very nice, large, decorated cabin. I only wish we had a cabin with a jacuzzi. Right on the river. Management was extremely helpful. One disappointment was they had a coffee maker but no coffee, if your a coffee drinker bring filters and coffee.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My boyfriend and I just got to spend the most relaxing Christmas holiday in Cabin #2 at Stonebrook Resort. I did quite a bit of online research and wanted something that was within a reasonable drive from Denver, quiet, intimate, outdoorsy (but not as crazy as the ski resorts at this time of year!), affordable (again, not as crazy as the ski resorts!) -- Estes Park fit the bill. More specifically, I wanted a hot tub, nature, and quiet... a fireplace wouldn't hurt. Stonebrook met all of these and more. It was a beautiful location, one of many motel/resorts along the main road to Rocky Mtn National Park. However, little touches made it special -- Christmas lights, the Fall River running behind the property, good advice on where to rent snowshoes from Mike, the manager (owner?). Our cabin (#2) seemed to be the most quiet and secluded. We were able to spend 3 luxurious nights/days enjoying our hardwood floors, morning light coming through the French doors, our private outdoor hot tub, comfy king bed, gas fireplace, and overall coziness of the unit. There is a kitchenette in the unit and a Safeway down the road. RMNP is a short drive away, full of wildlife sighting (saw 100s of elk and a bobcat), sightseeing, and snowshoeing. Downtown Estes has its charm, and the historic Stanley Hotel is nearby (a good place to grab a swanky cocktail). All in all, a great and relaxing stay. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brenna R
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The perfect place for the perfect vacation. Great staff, awesome location. Relaxed and comfortable. Will def stay again in the future. We had a studio suite w a jacuzzi tub. Warm and cozy unit on the water.

This resort is super close to the entrance of the Rocky Mountain National Park. Easy drive into town.

Room Tip: Pick a room over the water. If you like to listen to the river.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My wife and I make several trips a year to Estes. We love trying out different resorts but have been back to Stonebrook several times. They have a great location not far outside of town and near the north entrance of the Rocky Mountain National Park. There is even a restaurant you could walk to (Nicky's), which is rare for a resort outside of town.

We love the units that have their own outdoor hottub so you can relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. It's so much fun sitting in the hot water and watching a light snow fall. Plus many units have gas fireplaces and jetted tubs.

So glad to see they are doing ok after the floods. We hope the resort rebuilds their bridge across the river as there were several great hiking trails right there. Enjoyed having a hike steps from our cabin!

FANTASTIC RESORT!

Room Tip: Units 1, 2, & 3 are our favorites!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

As many may know there was a flood in Estes Park in early September. After losing our home, my girlfriend and I were looking for a place to stay when we saw the ad Mike, the manager, had put on craigslist for flood relief. When we first met the staff something seemed a little off but it seemed like they were nice so we rented a room for the month. But then things started to change. Mike decided to rename my dog and would take him out of the room without permission when I wasn't there. I automatically got blamed and scolded because there was dog poop in the yard and a few days later someone told him they saw someone else walking a dog leave it there and I still didn't receive an apology. He, without saying anything to anyone there, left for two weeks and with no way to get a hold of him we couldn't give him any money since he had a no check policy and we didn't want to leave that much cash just taped to the door, we decided to wait until he got back. When he finally got back we got harassed about why he didn't get the money. We recently found a house and were able to move out within a week of our month long lease running out so we figured we would be nice and just give him half a month rent since we were only there for 6 days. After agreeing this was fair we left and moved out and now my girlfriend has money being taken out of her account from him and he is trying to claim that we stole a dresser from, which is one of the many amentities that was lacking the day we moved in. I strongly recommend you just continue past this place and avoid a rude, unprofessional, and frankly a bad person, that is the manager of this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Tanner W
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We visited here for a weekend in April celebrating my birthday. It was spotlessly clean. Perfect location, we saw elks and big hornsheep from our room. Very comfortable and quiet. My husband loved the fireplace!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mo11k
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is the 2nd annual visit to the StoneBrook resort. I love visiting Estes Park during the off season as I'am a local. The resort is always clean and very cozy, with plenty of wildlife roaming the property. I stayed in cottage #3 like I did the previous year and was overjoyed once more. The gas fireplace was amazing ....all this for a very affordable rate. I'am already looking forward to next years visit. Try this resort...you won't be sorry!! A++

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo