We love this place and keep coming back.
1) it's very close to the Fall River entrance to RMNP and close to town
2) it's bright with vaulted ceilings and big windows
3) it offers nice (but not super fancy) amenities like fireplaces, big jetted tubs, flat screen TVs, large windows facing the river/creek, big glass doors and little back porches with grills
4) it's carefully maintained and spotless.
The condos are comfortable and have been set up with little extras in mind: coffee, tea and popcorn in the kitchen along with all the pots, pans, dishes and utensils you might need. These places are ideal for active folks who want to be able to relax when they return from hiking, snowshoeing, skiing, etc. (Note: If you need granite counter tops, stainless appliances and all the latest finishes to be happy, keep looking.)
Tip 1: Most of the units can be set up as a one bedroom with bath, or two bedrooms with two baths; the extra bed/bath rooms are just locked off if your party doesn't need the space. Phase 1 is down by the river and is also closer to the road. (Not a problem when we go in the winter and can’t speak to summer noise levels.) Phase 1 and Phase 3 have the largest living/dining areas. Phase 2 is smaller but not tiny.
Tip 2: Consider heading to Estes Park in the winter. The RiverWood rates are very good and there are many fewer people in the park. The animals are active too: lots of elk, deer and birds.
Tip 3: Off season is mid October through mid May; the website usually lists specific dates. If you're going off season, there are two of you and you can stay 2 or more nights, call the office rather than making reservations online and ask for the "Couples" rate.
- Also Known As:
- Riverwood On Fall River Hotel Estes Park
- RiverWood On Fall River Estes Park, CO