“Lane Ranch My Favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lane Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lane Guest Ranch
Tallahassee
“Lane Ranch My Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Lane Guest Ranch is my favorite place for an active week's vacation. Our recent visit was our fourth over a 15 to 17 year period. We've been to at least ten guest ranches in this period, but Lane beats them all.

Activities are well organized and very capably led by experienced wranglers and hiking guides. The hikes, 'photo safaris', and rides are varied as to location, and skill and ability levels. The food is tops too. The executive chef and the program director have been at Lane Ranch for over thirty years, and their performance and stamina have not diminished since our first visit; and neither has the owner, Mr. Lloyd Lane, and he has been at it since 1953.

The cost is reasonable: It is an excellent value, and it just about covers everything. Lane is a "go-back-to" place, and it's ideal for families.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Allende77

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

My wife and two sons (12 and 9) spent a fantastic week at the Lane Guest Ranch. The staff was exceptional with special recognition going to all of the wranglers. They really made our stay special and my sons loved our daily horseback rides. The staff was also very helpful when planning family hikes that were just the right level of difficulty for us but still allowed us to enjoy the spectacular scenery. We went trout fishing and the chef prepared our catch for dinner that evening. The looks on my kids face when our server brought out the fish, cooked but with heads and tails attached, was priceless. I highly recommend the Lane Guest Ranch for families that want an exceptional Rocky Mountain experience and lots of time outdoors.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank JonM82
San Ramon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

As a solo traveler, I found this ranch to be delightfully intimate with stellar services and staff. Lloyd Lane is the superb host and onsite much of the time...charming man. The activities were varied from swimming, to horsebackriding, silversmithing class and photography hike and more. The food was OUTSTANDING with entertainment of one kind or another nightly. For a solo traveler like myself, and though alone much of the time, I thought people were very kind and friendly. The altitude can catch you by surprise, at 8500' and then of course hiking onward up to about 10,000 or more. One suggestion is that the hikes start a tad bit earlier, as people can be late and with lightening and thunderstorms periodically in the afternoons, it's nice if not prudent not to have to rush up the trail and down the trail! Takes the fun out of the excursion, afterall, it is suppose to be a vacation! Needless to say? If you've never seen the Rocky Mountains, you're in for a real majestic experience!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MsBunny2011
Wichita, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

About 12 miles south of Estes Park on SR 7 with a great view of Mt Meeker this guest ranch has a host of activities for all ages. The staff is wonderful, the food is exceptional and the weather is typical Rocky Mountain high country - cool evenings and wonderfully warm (not hot) days. Exceptional staff recognition to Margrette, guest services; Ashley, head wrangler; and our personal waiter, Joe. Trail rides with really well trained horses and great staff were a highlight of our stay. The ranch includes guided hiking trips, swimming and fishing. Great place to take the family. Even has a "Kids Place" to occupy/entertain the youngsters.

Room Tip: Rooms/cabins are rustic but well maintained. Ask about options for larger groups.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank mlc0819
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

I've been to "dude" ranches before and what makes this one so special is the staff--they will do just about anything for you! We were assigned our own attentive waiter, Joel, for the week, and the food was phenomenal! Paul the hiking guide is one of the nicest men I have ever met, and will give you the jacket off his back if you are cold. Want a special meal or drink? They will make it! Want to go on an afternoon hike that isn't planned? A staff member will take you! And the nightlife is great! A magician who is also a comedian, a great jazz quartet, and a hilarious karaoke night that turns into a dance party. I'll return next summer for sure! Special thanks to Kyle, David, Ryan and Lisa...love and miss you all!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Sum56791
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

First stayed by myself in summer of '09, stayed in cabin #7, nice clean cabin, private hot tub right out back door. Rooms are nice, but keep in mind this is a ranch, not a suite @ the Ritz. bed was very comfortable, nice Tv, not that it's really needed. The people are out of this world, wait staff excellent, bartender outstanding (Aaron) Wranglers, go way out of their way. Clark (tour guide), on off day took me and another guest for a private trip through RMNP, once in a life time event, had lunch by a mt. stream. Paul (manager) also went out of his way to make you feel 2 home. because I was traveling by myself, he took me into Estes Park one day, toured the Stanley Hotel (The Shining) another unforgetable day. I liked it so much my wife found time to go Aug. of '10. She loved it as much as I did, food excellent. the quality is 5 star, service OUTSTANDING, EVERY DAY, EVERY TIME. She did wine and cheese, perfect pictures.
Have already booked week in June of this year for wife and I.
My wife and I do not have children and travel a fair amount, this is hands down one of the best weeks of our lives. To give you an idea of our tastes, we have stayed @ Grand Lido in Jamica, over 20 times, Frenchman's reef in St. Thomas, vacation in Bald Head Island, N.C., Captiva, Naples, Marco Island FL. If you like excellent service, where people call you by first name, but are not pushy, clear blue skies, breath taking views, this is the place. Life is good!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
10 Thank John60133
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

This is not the first ranch we have been to, but it's the best one. Unlike some ranches, there is way more to do here than just ride. There are so many activities to choose from. We went on the photography hike and it was great. The hikes into Rocky Mountain National Park are excellent too. The horseback riding is fun and there are rides set up for any skill level from pathetic (me) to advanced (my wife.) There are art-related classes, evening entertainment some nights (karaoke night is a blast) and morning and afternoon fishing, too. The surrounding scenery is beautiful and it's an easy ride to Estes Park for shopping.

The facilities are very nice-- there's a pool, communal hot tub and sauna; many cabins have their own hot tub, there are hammocks, etc. The lodge/dining room is pleasant, with porches to sit on and dine in as well. And the food is really good-- much more sophisticated than the average ranch and with a great deal of variety. The chef is very inspired and his dishes, like the homemade granola, the duck breast, and the
many soups he makes, are delicious.

Best of all, the staff is the nicest bunch of people you will ever meet. They range from college kids to grizzled veterans over the age of 70. but they all have one thing in common-- they want to make sure you have a great vacation. And you will, whether you are a couple by yourselves, a family or a big group... this is a terrific place to go for a Western adventure.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple