“Had dinner there”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nicky's is a rustic place with great service. I had an awesome omelet and my husband's hamburger was cooked perfectly. Very easy to get to.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Food was tasty, we sat out side along the river which was nice. Waitress was a little slow. Food was a little on the pricey side but over all a good place.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

On a vacation trip to Colorado, my dad and I decided to check out Nicky's as it was the closest to where we were saying. For me, the reviews were mixed.

Service = Awesome
Views = Stunning (if you sit outside), Interesting (inside)
Dinner = Bland steaks, limited choice of sides (hope you like potato)
Dessert = Bourbon Pecan Pie was AMAZING
Price = Too much for me...

We were given a choice of two rooms to dine in (we showed up pretty late at night, and chose the "fancier one".) We spent most of our wait time discussing the strange indoor decor (it's kind of like Wild West meets Versailles). But there is a stunning outdoor dining area with a view over the river as well (we only didn't eat there because it was dark outside).

The meal at Nicky's was sort of the same way. The high points of dining there were very high: our waitress was an absolute sweetheart, the glass wall overlooking the river was gorgeous, and the Bourbon Pecan Pie dessert was out of this world (especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!) Unfortunately, our dinner wasn't so grand.

Nicky's, in my opinion, is very pricey for what you get. They offer Italian and seafood, but since it was a steakhouse, we ordered steaks. I ordered an 8 oz. sirloin and my dad got New York strip, both expensive. Side dishes are very limited (potato prepared in one of three ways, soup or salad, steamed veggies, and rice if you don't like potato). What was worse was that the steaks were super unseasoned. The waitress actually asked us if we'd like steak sauce BEFORE the meal came out. Both were prepared very well and excellent cuts, but with a sprig of rosemary as our only additional flavoring, we didn't feel our dinner was quite worth the price, especially when you can get a flavorful steak with two sides for 1/3 the price at Outback. Thankfully, the $5 Bourbon Pecan Pie with ice cream was so delicious, it almost made up for the bland dinner (I would much rather have paid $30 for the dessert, it was that good).

If you really like the taste of meat all by itself, Nicky's is definitely the place for you. Everything was cooked to perfection, but for me, it just lacked flavor.There's a varied menu, with Italian and seafood if steak isn't what you want, but as a STEAKhouse, I don't know. If given the choice, I would choose Outback for dinner, taste and value - and Nicky's for dessert, scenic river views, and great service!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were early, a little after 5 PM. Service was exceptional. Husband's prime rib, (SMALLER SIZE) TURNED OUT TO BE LARGE, AND EXCELLENTLY PREPARED. Early arrival gave us lots of server's attention ! is an excellent high-end establishment.

1  Thank Bateach3
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a good, what appears to be locally owned, family restaurant.
The experience was good, all was as it should be......
Right on the Fall River, nice view.