“Great surprise”

Ranked #26 of 128 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The award winning Wapiti Colorado Pub celebrates and embodies all things Colorado. From the amazing views to the beautiful, if unpredictable, weather. From the glorious foods grown, raised and created here to the amazing range of craft and micro brewed beers and wines. From the wonderful people who call Colorado home to the travelers that come to celebrate Colorado with us. The Wapiti believes that food should made fresh using as many local ingredients as they can. They have a wide range of great food from which to choose. Their menu includes juicy burgers, thick cut steaks, pub style sandwiches, crisp salads, succulent game meats, and so much more. They also have the largest all Colorado beer list in the state.
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

You have to look for this place, but the food was excellent. I had a cheeseburger, and I thought that it was one of the best I've had in years. I ordered it medium rare, and it was perfect. The sides, the atmosphere, the servers were all great, and we agreed that we will put it on our list of regular spots in Estes.

Visited August 2014

Louisiana
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

The food was very good...it was a bit pricey. It was in a very good location. Easy to get to while shopping and walking downtown. A very comfortable atmosphere!

Visited June 2014
Reading, Pennsylvania
“try the trout, good beer selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

While in Colorado, I wanted to make sure I got to eat trout, but everywhere we went, the server steered us away. This was our last night, so I made sure to order it, & I was glad I did. My husband got the salmon, which I thought was kind of dry. We like the salads & the sides that came with our meals. We were seated outside in a little beer garden-looking part of the restaurant, which I liked. We only had to wait 10 minutes for a seat, and while we waited, we sat at the bar. They have a good selection of microbrews and the bartender was knowledgeable about the beers. Our food came in just the right amount of time-not too fast & we didn't wait too long. We would definitely eat here again if we ever make it back to Colorado.

• Visited July 2014
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Very good for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stopped in for lunch as we were heading back home. Very good fish tacos, homemade chips, good pulled pork sandwich. We ate outside so atmosphere was good.

• Visited August 2014
Haxtun, Colorado
“different”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Food was really good, but you feel like your in a cave. O.K. if your not afraid of the caves. People are really fun, and enjoy their work, makes you feel very welcome.

Visited August 2014