“MMMmmm, Ice Cream!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado, United States
“MMMmmm, Ice Cream!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Who doesn't love ice cream? I had the toffee Danish Cone with coffee ice cream. Was yummy even on a cold day. Check out the 'make your own snow' packets they have. Very cool!!!

Visited November 2011

South Houston, Texas
“Just Plain Bad Ice Cream”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

I've been pretty good and positive about my eating experience in Estes Park during my recent visit and stay at the Stanley Hotel. But, come on, Danish Cone? Why on earth are you making awesome cones and then filling them with what must be the worst ice cream I've ever had? Go to the grocery store on the hill by the Stanley, I know I saw it there, and buy some real ice cream and you'll do better. Now, I'll give you kudos for the waffle cone -- it was delicious, but I had to dump the ice cream about 500 feet down the street into the trash. It was appalling.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cal_Crispin
Estes Park, Colorado
“A bit disappointed in the change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2010

Used to enjoy seeing the homemade waffle cones being made in the window followed by some excellent ice cream, but this little place has slipped back a peg or two. Still enjoyable ice cream, but in the six days we strolled by we never saw the cones being made, and twice were served ice cream which was labeled wrong in the case. (Once being a mixup between Pralines and Cream and Butter Pecan.)

Would I go back... probably.. but not the same quaint place it used to be. Seems you'll have lots of choices with 4-6 other ice cream places downtown. All of them are serving two scoops for between $4-$5. It's all about living in the moment, because we all know we could go to Safeway and buy a half-gallon for $3.99.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Colleyville, Texas
“Great Ice Cream & Cute Gifts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

We have been going to Estes for years. We have always treated ourself and the kids to an homemade waffle cone at the Danish Cone. Since the last time we were there they have made several great changes. First they now carry Blue Bell Ice Cream. All I can say is wow!! They also added a gift shop. They combined the store next door to make the atmosphere much more inviting. Many cute gifts that we just had to take home. Friendly staff that is very knowledgeable about the area. They also changed the name to Yesterday's Ice Cream but still have the Danish Cone making machine in the window.

• 4 of 5 bubbles