“Pretty good donuts, when they aren't squished”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Donut Haus

Donut Haus
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout
Minneapolis
“Pretty good donuts, when they aren't squished”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

These are good donuts and there really isn't much else for pastries in Estes Park, so it's worth a stop if you need a sweet fix. Plan to get there very early and for a wait. The shop is very small and crowded.

I would have rated them higher, but the teenagers working the counter threw our donuts into bags (instead of a box) and several of them were squished badly.

• Visited July 2014

“Get there early, they open at 6:00 am !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and kids decided to give them a try, given the fact that we are from Houston, and there are plenty of donuts shops here, competition is furious. They are the best, home made test, don't focus on the place itself, focus on the donuts. Get there early, they are gone by 9:00 am

Thank fallingdrop .
Cary, North Carolina
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I so wanted to love this place and have the best donuts as described by other reviewers, however we thought the donuts were average. The shop is tiny and there isn't any room to see what donuts are for sale when you are waiting in line. When we finally got up to the case and were trying to see what choices they had to offer, the salesperson was very impatient. (For those of you who are Seinfeld fans, it reminded me of the episode with the soup). Loved sitting outside at the picnic tables with the donuts and coffee. Nice views. If you are looking for something very quick and reasonably priced, it works. If you aren't able to work it in to your schedule, no big deal.

• Visited July 2014
Waverly, Iowa
“Yes, it is actually test BEST food in Estes.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I laughed when we saw this was rated as the best restaurant in Estes, but it's true. We were actually pretty let down by the food in Estes in general, so this place was a true diamond in the rough. We got donuts for the whole family about every day were were there.

They have a really good selection of donuts, including specialty types that you won't find at chain stores, and they are all very good. And I know my donuts :)

This place is sooo good though that there will likely be a line when you get there, so go early and be prepared. It's a small place and you might have to wait outside for a bit before you make it in.

TIPS:
GO early. They do sell out and will close at that time.
The custard/pudding filled are very good.
They have a special chocolate cake type donut. It's the huge one and it's awesome.

• Visited June 2014
Crittenden, Kentucky
“Nice local business that does one thing well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Of course we had to try it, being the number one rated restaurant in Estes Park on our first trip here. We got there about 7 AM on a Sunday and I was the first one in line outside the door. About 10 minutes later the line was 15 people longer behind me. Timing is everything I suppose. The guy in front of me ordered 4 dozen and then I ordered or meager dozen. The donuts were all good - we had old fashioned, chocolate glazed, blueberry and plain cake. Donuts are donuts IMHO and these were good examples - a great value when you see how much other things cost up in the mountains too!

Visited July 2014