“Windcliff is Beatiful. Awestruck Home is a Perfect 10”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Windcliff Properties
Colorado
“Windcliff is Beatiful. Awestruck Home is a Perfect 10”
Reviewed 12 January 2010

My wife and I visited Windcliff for a romantic weekend. The views in the community are beautiful. The management was first rate. After staying in Estes Park for many years, I think this is the nicest community in all of Estes Park. We stayed in the home named Awestruck. It was an absolutely incredible home. The house was spotless. Clean as new. Every room was decorated beautifully. The hot tub would have been big enough for 7 people. The master bedroom had a jetted tub with gorgeous views. The great room, deck and actually every room had the most unbelievable views imaginable. Simply stated, this was the nicest home we ever stayed in. The beds were very comfortable. It was a complete dream for me and my wife. If you are lucky enough to have an opportunity to rent Awestruck, you should do so. Our saddest part of the entire weekend was leaving. We would have stayed for another week if we could have.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Johnthebackpacker

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This was our family's third trip to Breiding Lower. We own land nearby and visit often, but consider Columbus Day weekend at Windcliff a splurge-a stay at a way larger, fancier, and more pricey unit than we normally can afford to stay at with our frequency of travel. It is always a special weekend for me, my husband and family. The home is well-stocked with cookware and ingredients like spices donated by prior guests...fun to cook here! It was great to have the washer and dryer and a small box of detergent. The fireplace is amazing, as are the views and wildlife, and the garage is most appreciated with the likelihood for snow in October. My only complaint is that somewhere along the line the last few years, the management started tacking on a mandatory $50 damage "waiver" to the already substantial rental amount and booking fee even if, like us, you take immaculate care of the property while there. As a returning guest, I protested this "junk fee" and the management cordially removed it from our bill, but I don't think that will continue in the future. It is a shame that a place we feel such affection for found it necessary to charge in advance for potential, not actual, damages. It's an ugly, punitive charge better hidden in the room tariff itself. No matter how you wordsmith the charge, it's a fine for something you almost certainly didn't even do! Hope they reconsider it. Other that that, we love Breiding Lower and our annual fall stay!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank Skylynx
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I cannot say enough good things about Windcliff. My husband and I stayed in the Sprouse home in September 2005 for our Honeymoon. We cooked all of our meals there and ate out on the deck overlooking Rocky Mountain National Park. It was so fantastic we never ate a single meal away from home!! The staff was very friendly and helpful.

When we went in September it was considered off-peak season and the rental rates were very reasonable. A 5 bedroom home with 4 decks all with mountain views for around $230/night.

Can't wait to go back in February 2009!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — The views, the privacy, the price
  • Disliked — Everything was perfect
  • Stayed September 2005, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank HPearce
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2008

We stumbled onto the windcliff.com site while looking for somewhere private to stay in Estes Park. We stayed in the Cedars, which is near the top of the mountain (about 600' and 2 miles from the office). Brilliant. Well equipped, well maintained, comfortable and spacious. The view of Long's Peak is stunning, morning, noon and evening. Staff are friendly and helpful. Location is great for access to the Rocky Mountain National Park. All the houses on the mountain are privately owned but operated for rental purposes by the management team. The mountain is huge and not densely developed, so your nearest neighbor is likely to be 500yds away.

We had a wonderful vacation - I strongly recommend this place, I can't think of anything negative to say.

5 Thank AnotherEnglishman