Elkhorn Lodge and Guest Ranch
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$84
Silver Moon Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$170
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$126
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$127
QualityInn
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$150
Orbitz.com
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$208
Groupon.com
  • Restaurant
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$134
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$87
Hotels.com
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$149
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This place is awesome and people that don't like it need to stay in a holiday inn with a spa and room service and hint of western decor, not a historic working ranch. You don't go for the pampering, but there's a lot of reasons to go still -

We got 2 family suites and a chuckwagon diner and horseback rides on a deal site. Priced very fair. We got several generations together for the trip. The rooms were old-fashined, old wallpaper, bedding, a beautiful huge covered porch where the grandparents could sit on rockers and enjoy the mountain view, connectd by an old hall and bathroom, the bed was right by the window in the other room, you could open the window and go to sleep looking at the moon and the mountains in comfort. The hotel is old so has squeeks and cracks and all, but also old oil lamps converted to work with electric, a area to walk around and see the old treasures - 1800's dresses and early typewriters and very old letters and all kinds of animal bones. The property is only blocks from downtown Estes Park shopping and all, but right out back behind the stables are beutiful trails into the mountains. We hiked and then checked in for out horserides - it was a beautiful trail and the wrangler was great with the kids (my son turned out to need his leading him by a rope and he was very patient with him). We went for out chuckwagon dinner - brisket, chicken all kinds of country sides, cobbler for desert, leave a dollar go get you own cup of wine - cowboy singing awesome songs said he's keep going as long as wecould dance - even got grandma drinking wine and dancing and laughing. Anyways, it's not a ski resort, but if you can't have fun in this place go to h3ll or Aspen or something.

Room Tip: the family suite with balcony veranda access was awesome - the cabins looked cool to though and some have kitchens hotel rooms don't
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KayCe1777
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The floor boards in the hall were very squeaky and the wi-fi was amazingly slow (other people were watching movies on their laptops so it might have been might computer). Having said that... The price was amazing, I enjoyed waking up to the soft sound of horses galloping around, I walked to main street for breakfast and coffee every morning, they let me play the piano down stairs in the early evening, and at least they had internet.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I saw a 2 night stay at the Elkhorn Lodge on Living Social & thought it was a good way to celebrate our 42nd anniversary. We were to stay Sept. 30 - Oct.1. I'm surprised I'm still married. We stayed in the lodge. They had us booked in an upstairs room. When I opened the door, the bed nearly filled the room. There was very little room to move in. After telling them that would be unacceptable, they gave us the Roosevelt Suite on the main floor for $40 extra each night. The suite had 3 rooms - very spacious. The room with the queen bed had a large outside window, an outside door with a fair sized window & no curtains therefore open for viewing by anyone walking by. The other room had twin beds with a large outside window & an outside door with a fair sized window. The window had a gauzey kind of curtain with nothing on the door window. We rigged a towel over that window. There was no heat in that suite. They brought in a small space heater that was supposed to heat those 3 rooms plus the 2 bathrooms. Good luck on being warm. There was not a table or chairs (for dining on). When I asked if they had any the guy clerking said there weren't any. Right away my wife noticed how dirty the place was including the bedding. She was so disappointed that she cried. I should have packed us up & left right then - forget the 2 night stay, but I didn't. Then we went to bed. I have never had such an uncomfortable bed in my life. After 2 hours of tossing & turning I got up & tried the sofa which really wasn't much of an improvement. I figure I got about 4 hours of sleep at the most that night. After a miserable night, I told the gal at the desk we weren't staying the night & why. She at least refunded the extra charge for the 2nd night in suite. I wouldn't advise anyone to go there - no matter what the price! We are going to Estes in early November to make up for that failed celebration & we aren't staying at the Elkhorn Lodge!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Ken H
Reviewed 28 October 2012

What a blustery brisk weekend to enjoy my oldest granddaughter's 13th birthday horseback riding getaway!!! We were greeted by wonderful friendly Colorado style cowpokes and wranglers. Our ride and steak dinner was our first evening and we were delighted to ride in a blanket of fresh fallen snow. We finished up right at dusk and enjoyed a very hearty steak with all the fixings supper. Our room was fresh, clean, bright and the views outside our sunny windows were of the breath taking mountains that I am blessed to be able to visit. After a wonderful night's sleep we were treated to a full blown country style breakfast. We spent the day enjoying the menagerie of animals that reminded us more of a farm than a ranch. The evening held a chuck wagon style dinner with some live entertainment. A couple of the wranglers treated us to some good country singing and we enjoyed the hot cherry and blackberry cobbler with steaming cups of hot coffee and cocoa. The evening was topped off with a spooky hayride through the ranch and some pumpkin carvings and carmel apple making. We left the next day and as my granddaughter says "It's not fun to go back to reality Grammy"......but we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed at the Elkhorn on October 19th and 20th. The staff and all the people who work on the grounds were GREAT people. We stayed in a cabin on the ranch, not in the main lodge. The cabins are basic, but that is what I would expect when I stay in a cabin. It had a very large and comfortable bed with clean, fresh smelling sheets. There was a small fridge, a small dresser, a chair, and a bathroom with a shower that had PLENTY of HOT water. What more do you need? A television? Stay home, City Slicker, this is the COLORADO outdoors in it's full, majestic beauty. We had a wonderful time enteracting with the people in the lodge, they even put on a Ghost Story episode about the paranormal activity at the Elkhorn Lodge. All of the history and stories that show the "character" of the place are freely told to the guests by the knowledgeable and friendly staff. On Saturday night we sat in the dining room and listened to two young cowboys play the guitar and sing classic country tunes while they wound down after a long day--it was incredible! We will definitely be back next summer to say hello to our new friends at the Elkwood Lodge and Guest Ranch.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple