There is lots to do for kids! All kinds of options for activities and they're mostly free. The horseback riding and fishing trips and biking etc. cost money. The Arts & Crafts Center is awesome! My kids loved the painting and the mosaics and the jewelry and so did I! The Aspen dining hall there is just awful. The food is absolutely terrible -- overcooked, tasteless, dry, etc. The room is bare bones, but the rate is very reasonable. We stayed in Mt. Ypsilon and it's definitely a lot like camp. We had a queen size bed and bunk beds and a table and two chairs. No TV, no fridge, no dresser, no air conditioning, no nothing. The room was barely big enough to fit it all in, but it was adequate. They don't clean your room when you are there. You have to take out the garbage and replace the bag, trade in your towels and get clean ones, etc. They just clean it in between guests. It's great for a family on a budget like us though.
It is a beautiful setting and it's a very friendly and happy place. It's wonderful to see all the families together spending time doing fun things together, happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located outside of Rocky Mountain National Park. We have 7 lodges and 206 cabins spread over 860 acres. Perfect for family vacations, reunions, retreats and conferences. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ymca Of The Rockies Hotel Estes Park
- Ymca Of The Rockies Estes Park Center
- YMCA Of The Rockies Estes Park, CO