“Great family destination”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
YMCA of the Rockies
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful location. Plenty to do. Close to Estes park for an escape if needed. A lot of lodging options. Admittedly my first YMCA camp experience and it has lived up to expectation for me. Of note also is there are plenty of YMCA staff present to answer questions. We stayed in non air conditioned dorm style housing which was fine. Left windows open and weren't there during heat if the day. Would do again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We've been going for over 50 years. There is much to do, or you can just sit and enjoy the view! Very close to Rocky Mountain Natl Park where hiking and fishing abound. The kids love the nature hikes, seeing the Elk and all of the water and snow! 2 years ago we celebrated my parents 50th consecutive year to go with all 37 family members in attendance. Many wonderful memories!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I guess my love for local YMCA camp gave me unfair expectations. This particular YMCA camp is obviously a destination for retreats and conference goers. It was not at all what I expected for my family. Our cabin was a half mile walk to the main buildings. And it was so confusing as to the signs, we needed a map to get around. Activities closing so early I couldn't utilize any as we could not hike as well as do them. Nor could we take a swim after our hike due to the times the pool was open or the immense crowds from the teenage youth attendees. It was beyond frustrating. I was frustrated by lack of signage. It also made me not dine on property twice due to their long lines for the cafeteria a half hour before it opened by those same large groups. My little family members do not need to fight for space or food or whatever against unsupervised youth attendees. I really wanted to enjoy my stay as I was looking forward to this part of our trip, but I was so disappointed.

Room Tip: We did have to ask for Wifi but we also asked if we could be close to the activities (we were a half...
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This place has a great location and tons of things to so with the kids. You can even catch the local shuttle or hike right into the park. Many activities are included. Breakfast is included too, but it's cafeteria style, processed and prepares stuff - not great quality. What is available in the cafe and store is also largely cheaper, packaged items. We stayed in a lodge which is more like a dorm. Overall the lodging facility was pretty rough - carpet stains, based board heat without covers, stained showers, etc. If you can get passed the grossness it's a great value.

1  Thank keithpieper
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Wow. . .the staff, the cabin, the activities. . .just wow. Our favorite place to vacation, hands down.

We stayed in a mid-size cabin (no fireplace) and had a wonderful time hiking, going to the craft center, walking the grounds, making meals in our own kitchen, playing games, doing activities. All were great!

The staff members were friendly and helpful, the cabin was spotless (don't expect granite and luxurious bedding or anything), the kids loved the activities through Sweet Memorial (Survival was their favorite), the Mootz Craft Center was always bustling with projects, the pool was warm (86 degrees), and the Cowboy Brad sing-a-long was a fun evening!

Views of the mountains from the valley where they Y is located are breathtaking at any time of day. Take a walk down to Glacier Creek--past the campfire area--and you won't be disappointed with the beauty of the water/ shore.

We loved our trip so much last year that we decided to become members--and we live in Illinois! We came back twice last year and once already this summer and are planning another trip. You won't be disappointed with a stay here. (Snow Mountain is another story--you can see my review of that separately.)

One tip--stop at Safeway just outside of town (near McDonald's) and get some groceries for the cabin's kitchen and for hikes. For $50, you can get some pasta, sauce, cereal, cheese, meat, tortillas, breakfast bars, etc. and create meals to cook and eat in the cabin and bring with you on hikes. If you bring a Tupperware-type container from home, you can make and pack sandwiches or roll-ups to bring with on your journeys around RMNP. The kitchen does not have butter, salt, pepper, etc, though, so you might need to pick that up too.

2  Thank Jenn K
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Our family spent a week in a personalized cabin @ the YMCA of the Rockies (Estes Park) in mid June, and the weather was spot on for hiking, zip lining, rick climbing, and horseback riding on and through the Rocky Mountains!

Staff is compromised of college students from around the world who are there because they love the outdoors, and are looking to make your stay a great one.

I would recommend the Y of the Rockies to anyone!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family and I went to the Y of the Rockies June 6th-8th. This was out first time at this property and we were excited after reading reviews. Check in was fast and the ladies were polite. We had researched ont he website beforehand and we knew some of the activities that we wanted to complete. Wouldn't you know it.. it rained and was freezing our whole weekend. We stopped by the library on Saturday to get out of the room and the woman working there was so sweet. When I inquired about Disney movie Saturday she told me I was the first person to actually ask her that and she looked it up and realized that it was a scheduled activity. She sent my daughter downstairs and gace her a stuffed animal and let her watch her movie. She was great. Food was a little pricey and we have decided to stay in a cabin on our next visit so that we can cook and save a little. Room was clean and neat. We will return and hopefully we will be able to fully enjoy the property

Room Tip: Ask for a place close to Sweet Memorial where most of the kids activities take place
1  Thank LaronzaW