“Must try!”

Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: Ranked best pizza in Estes Park three years in a row on tripadvisor,Cheesy Lee's is Estes Park's haunted, family pizzeria. We're more than just Award Winning Pizzas. We also feature Amazing Sandwiches, Estes Park's biggest salad bar, and the Best Wings Ever. Our spacious, historic dining room is family friendly with a play area for the little ones complete with dollhouses and a giant train track. Located inside the Elkhorn Lodge, Cheesy Lee's is rumored to be one of the most haunted places in Colorado. We also offer free delivery to anywhere in Estes Park. At Cheesy Lee's Amazing Pizza we are fanatical about customer service. Step out of the ordinary and get something Amazing!
Brighton, CO
“Must try!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

After traveling from the Denver area and checking into the Elkhorn Lodge on Friday, October 11th, the four of us were hungry and decided that we would eat at Cheesy Lee's Amazing Pizza which is in the dining room area of the Elkhorn Lodge. We were not disappointed, either. We ordered at the counter and then proceeded to pick a table in the big dining room area. The tables all had tablecloths on them with fall decorations which made the room very welcoming. The room is well preserved for the age of the property which was built in 1874 with much of the old wood and builtins still in good shape.

The pizza was delicious. I can't remember which one we ordered but I think it was the 14" supreme. The crust was thinner than I thought it would be but definitely it made the pizza lighter with an excellent flavor. The lodge had given us a voucher for the cheesy breadsticks which are a must have There was also a salad bar which offered many selections in a very appetizing display. There was different beers available. My husband had one from a brewery in Loveland which was quite a project to get to Estes Park since the floods in September had washed out roads.

We did see tasty looking desserts but we no longer had any room left for anything else. The young man who brought our food to us was very friendly and full of details about the floods. All in all it was a great experience and we definitely will return the next time we are in Estes Park for more pizza and maybe dessert.

Stuart, Florida
“Best pizza in town or anywhere”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I just shared one of the best pizzas we have ever tasted. It was crisp but chewy, delicate, flavorful, and wholesome. The cheese was a special blend, lending an exotic, yet, delicious flair to the overall experience. This pizza is in a class by itself. The owners are first rate. They developed the recipe themselves, making sure each element was correct. Other menu items are offered such as subs and wings. I am sure they meet the owners high standards. Then the desserts! All are made on the premises: Mile high carrot cake, apple pie, cookies. I can assure you, you will love the food and will be impressed. Plug the address into your GPS as it might be tricky to find. The restaurant is in the Elkhorn Lodge, a resort since 1878. There are many interesting pictures to view.

• Visited October 2013
“Good pizza, nice folks!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were staying at the Elkhorn Lodge and had heard the pizza was good here and decided to try it out. Walked into a very large room with lots of tables, but didn't know if we should sit or order at counter. Turns out, you order at the counter, get a number and they bring to your table. We ordered breadsticks and pizza. We thought we'd get the breadsticks first, but both were delivered in about 20 minutes. The breadsticks were so delicious covered in butter, garlic and parm cheese. The pizza was good, although some of the toppings were a little sparse.
Very friendly employees and owner or manager.
Great history to this place and that is worth it alone.
Would come for pizza again!!!

Seattle, Washington
“We ate here twice”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed a week in Estes Park, hiking each day in Rocky Mountain National Park, and then spending the night at Murphy's Lodge. Cheesy Lee's pizza is right across the street from Estes Park, so we ate there our first night. The pizza was good enough that we returned a few nights later and ordered another dinner there. We got the "Summit" Pizza both times.
The staff was helpful and friendly.
The large pizza plus two soft drinks cost us $28, so it isn't a great bargain, but the food was tasty. I liked this pizza much better than the Chicago's Best Pizza that we tried on a different night at Estes Park.

Visited September 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Pretty good pizza, interesting location”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I ate at Cheesy Lee’s Pizza last month after reading the good reviews online. We had travelled a very long way from Jackson WY that day, so just wanted something fast and tasty. This place is a little bit tricky to find, for some reason even though I had the address, our GPS couldn’t seem to find it. It’s actually in the Elkhorn Lodge which I didn’t realise. I actually liked the location, although it is a little out of the town, the Elkhorn Lodge is a lovely building. The interior is nice, though unfortunatley it was a very wet night (the night before the recent floods) and we were the only customers, so on that night it lacked a bit of atmosphere. You order at the counter and it is delivered to you. We had boneless wings to start and then a meat lovers pizza. The wings were excellent, very succulent with a lovely sauce. The pizza is ok. It seemed to have a huge amount of cheese and toppings, so you couldn’t really appreciate the quality of the dough. I would say the pizza is good, but not great. We have been lucky enough to try some truly amazing pizza in the States and this wouldn’t rank up there with the best. But it’s pretty good, the toppings were tasty, the dough is crispy. I just expected a little more.

They have a nice range of local beer, I always enjoy trying new brands that I can’t get at home. The service was fine, nothing to write home about. The price is very reasonable and a large pizza is sufficient for 2-3 people. I would eat here again if I were in the area and it’s certainly worth trying. It’s just not quite as good as I was expecting.

• Visited September 2013