“Enjoyed my stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Della Terra Mountain Chateau
Ranked #6 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I'd like to take a moment to thank the owners and staff at Della Terra for the awesome weekend I had while I was in Estes Park. It was a cold and windy weekend, so staying inside was made very pleasant. The room was so clean and cozy, the fireplace made it warm and perfect, along with having a hot tub right outside on my deck was a huge delight! The hotel and views are beautiful and I want you to know I'll be back with my family and friends. Thank you again for making my weekend in Estes Park so awesome!! Terry

Room Tip: They were pretty much sold out so I didn't have my pick of rooms, however the room I had was bea...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Terry R

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We were so impressed. A beautiful room with a great sitting area, like a small apartment. The bathroom is beyond impressive with a huge tub and fountain. We loved the hot tub on the deck with beautiful views. We enjoyed a nice evening with snacks. You need to buy their wine, but the prices were very reasonable. The movie library made for a nice evening in our room. The breakfast in our room was so good and the mimosas were fantastic. We look forward to using the theater tomorrow. We loved the sound system in our room to enjoy our music and on the deck. There was not a wedding on the weekend we enjoyed our anniversary celebration, so not sure if that would change things. We are accustomed to staying in very nice hotels and would love to come back here again. The food staff were so nice.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn G
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Fall River Cabin at Della Terra Mountain Chateau was wonderful. Cute older cabin that had been updated with tile floors, half title walls in the bath, etc. The old wood paneling was kept on some of the walls, very well done. The kitchen had the old cupboards, but again title counter top. The dinnerware and cookware were in excellent condition, along with the gas stove and refrigerator. There were two free-standing stoves/fireplaces, one was gas and the other wood burning. We had a six-point elk at our back window!

Room Tip: Even though this cabin has two queen beds, it would be tight with four. The bathroom is small. Hea...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KabinKats
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I set up a night for my wife and I to celebrate her birthday about three and a half weeks ago. Found a baby sitter for my son. Had to find a pet-sitter too as I have a diabetic, almost blind dog who gets aggressive around people he doesn't know.

Found out a few days later that the pet sitter has to bail. I called Della Terra to ask about pet exceptions to let our dog come with us. The lady I spoke with mentioned that there would be a $25 charge per night for dogs, and that she would email me information. I said great, and pretty much forgot about it.

Now, the week of my trip, I didn't have the info yet. I contacted them back and was told that there are no pets, no how. I'm also told that because it was within 30-days, no refund either. So, now I'm out $250 for the place, $200 for the babysitter, with nowhere to go. I received a suggestion for using a local kennel, and due to my dog's condition, I mentioned I don't feel that's appropriate, for both my dog and those who might be watching him.

Some sort of leeway for circumstances like mine should be provided, especially after I was told one way and then the statement was retracted as though it never happened.

I'm sad that I don't get to experience some of these great reviews that people are talking about, but after this blatant disregard for their consumers, I'd likely not go to this place even if it was free.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Hbora
dellaterra, Owner at Della Terra Mountain Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

We are very sorry that this guest had an unfortunate situation that kept him from coming to visit us. We have not allowed pets in the chateau since we opened almost 5 years ago, and there is not a single employee at Della Terra that would tell a guest that we could make an exception to that. We did try to work with him, but he was not going to be happy with anything short of a refund.
This reservation was made on our online reservation system. Following is the information that appears at the bottom of the page prior to submitting your reservation:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submit your Online Reservation
• Please read our Terms & Conditions.
• Policies: smoking outside only, no pets, disabled access, not appropriate for children.
• Children welcome in cabins and event spaces *** only Chateau Suites are two person adult only occupancy ***
RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
A one night deposit is required on all reservations.
Cancellations 30 days or less from date of arrival forfeit the one night deposit.
Cancellations more than 30 days from arrival date are refundable less a $50 processing fee.
At 30 days from arrival date, the reservation becomes final, and any days reserved will be due at arrival.
There is no refund for unused accommodations due to late arrival or early departure.
I accept the above listed terms and authorize Della Terra Mountain Chateau to charge $____ to my credit card.

Again, we are sorry for this guest’s situation, but with only 4 days notice of the cancellation, we felt it was very fair for us to abide by our policy.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Our son got married at Della Terra a couple weeks ago. The venue is fantastic, the staff incredible not leaving any detail unattended to! Located near the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, it was a beautiful backdrop for their outdoor wedding. Della Terra provided seat cushions and blankets to keep everyone warm!

The honeymoon suite that is included with the wedding packages was beautiful and the honeymoon couple enjoyed their stay.

We stayed in the cabins on property. They are basic, but clean and conveniently located. We had a private hot tub available for our use and cozy gas fireplace in the bedroom. Nice touch!

Anyone planning a wedding should check out Della Terra!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skycolorado
Reviewed 2 December 2013

What a beautiful place to stay. Great location, just before the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, and only minutes from downtown Estes Park. The staff at Della Terra were very accommodating,pleasant, and really cared about our satisfaction during our stay. I would go back there tomorrow if I could.

Room Tip: The luxury suites are a great choice!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This place was so romantic! Nestled near the entrance of The Rocy Mt National Park Della Terra is simply Magical! If you need to unwind and relax this is it. One chilly night after our visit to the park we enjoyed the hot tub located on our private terrace. LOVE all the special touches this place offers. In/Outdoor surround sound. Docked our iPhone listened to our favorites tunes while relaxing in hot tub with breath taking views and a glass of wine. Snowed in one night no problem slipped into our robes enjoyed the Sauna then on over to the theater we had to ourself with a bag of pop corn and played footsie. Did I mention the wild life surrounding this gorgeous place. I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple