“Kicked me out while I was getting ready for my WEDDING!”
Review of Fall River Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Fall River Cabins
Maryville, Illinois
“Kicked me out while I was getting ready for my WEDDING!”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

The owner (aka monster) showed up to my cabin on my WEDDING DAY while I was getting my hair and makeup done with my bridesmaids and started shouting saying that everyone had to leave besides me. He knew ahead of time that I was celebrating my wedding at his cabin - one might think an owner would be so kind as to give a bottle of wine, or rose petals, or at least leave us alone, but instead, he celebrated it by knocking on my door SEVERAL times forcing me to leave the cabin - because my bridesmaids were there getting ready with me. I'm sorry John, I didn't want to get ready alone on my wedding day, silly me. He was so crazy he came back to our room once I left, opened the blinds to make sure we weren't having 'a wild party' as he said, and he also removed the little guest book for us to sign. Any "man" that kicks a bride out of her room while getting ready on her wedding day is a sad, sad man. Luckily, my maid of honor was staying at a cabin three blocks away, who welcomed us all with open arms, at Woodlands on Fall River. I would definitely recommend staying at Woodlands on Fall River and NOT here. John has TERRIBLE customer service. Anyone that shouts at a bride two hours before her wedding because she's getting her makeup and hair done at your cabin needs to chill out. He was making a big deal because of the extra cars, but we were literally THE ONLY CARS at the cabins. There was plenty of space for other vehicles. Please, do not stay here...you do NOT want to do business with this man. When looking back at my wedding day, this is funny because of how childish and barbaric the "owner" acted. I feel sorry for his wife.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank angiemiz
jsunman, Owner at Fall River Cabins, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
This guest was not kicked off the property. They stayed for all the nights they had reserved and paid for. There also was no screaming except from the 6 non registered guests she had in the cabin. One of our policies states no non registered guests We do this to ensure privacy for all our guests. Privacy is one of the features we pride ourselves on. This guest was told this policy when the reservation was made. She was also told again on her confirmation. Lastly, she was told this when she checked in. If she would have told us she wanted to have guests when the reservation was made we would have gladly refered her to another property.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Central Nebraska
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed in the Blue Spruce cabin 10/14-10/18/12. This was our third trip to Estes Park and our most enjoyable yet. Being right on the river is a must for me and Fall River Cabins didn't disappoint. The deck, which is off the kitchen and master bedroom, is just steps away from the river. It was so relaxing to sit in the hot tub with our glasses of wine and look out to the river.

The kitchen was stocked with almost everything you would need besides food. Along with the usual plates, cups and silverware were skillets, pots and even a cookie sheet and pizza pan. I had brought along some things which I found were already provided like wine glasses, corkscrew, cutting board, paring knife, coffee filters and coffee. There were also some spices, condiments, cooking spray and vegetable oil available for our use. The only thing I was glad I'd brought were ziploc baggies and aluminum foil.

The kitchen has a small hightop table and chairs and is where we ate all our meals. The deck, which is accessible from the kitchen, has a table and chairs as well and would be nice place to enjoy meals on warmer days. It also has a full size fridge, stove top with oven, dishwasher, double sink, microwave and garbage disposal.

The bathroom is a nice size and looks recently updated. The floor is heated but on cold mornings it would have been nice to have the baseboard heat like the rest of the cabin. There is a full size tub/shower and the sink has plenty of counter space for when getting ready. The thing that impressed me the most was there was even a nightlight! (I'd brought my own for those middle of the night bathroom trips and didn't have to unpack it!) Plenty of towels, washcloths are provided and they even have bath sheet size towels to use for the hot tub. Another pleasant surprise was the full size shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion that is provided for your use.

There are 2 bedrooms but we only had access to the master bedroom since there was only the two of us. If we had wanted use of the two bedrooms it would be an additional charge. This is understandable since it would mean another room/bedding to clean. Keep this in mind if you don't want to share a bed with anyone though. The master bedroom has a Kind bed with a large log frame. (If you are a large person it might be difficult to walk between the end of the bed and the wall to get to the deck.) There is a night stand with clock and light right next to the bed. There is also a chest of drawers with a TV and DVR. The closet had plenty of room for the few hanging clothes we brought and our shoes, as well as a luggage rack to store our suitcase. They even had a pair of robes for use. The only thing that would have been nice was slippers for the cool tile floors! As mentioned, there is a sliding patio door with access to the deck and hot tub right off this room. While this is nice, the continuous running of the motor on the hot tub makes it impossible to hear the river and have it lull you to sleep.

A nice feature of this cabin which is different from the others I believe, is that it has a separate living room. This room has a small table with chairs for four for taking meals if you are a family staying instead of just a couple. There is also a couch and a loveseat which are arranged in front of the wood burning fireplace, TV and large picture window. Another way to sit and enjoy a glass of wine at the end of a day of hiking and enjoying Rocky Mountain National Park.

Fall River cabins is located just a couple miles from downtown Estes Park and a couple miles from the Fall River entrance to RMNP. There is a paved walking trail that leads into town which was a great, safe way to get my running in. As with most places in Estes Park, there are other properties on both sides and across the river. This didn't seem to detract from the privacy and secluded feel but that might be different in the "high season".

All in all it was a PERFECT stay. The only thing that kept me from leaving an Excellent rating was the noise of the hot tub interfering with enjoying the sounds of the river and the lack of adequate heat in the bathroom. The bathroom heat would not be a factor in summer months and I wouldn't want to lose the hot tub so neither of these issues would prevent me from returning to Fall River Cabins.

Room Tip: If you want a bedroom separate from the rest of the living space choose Blue Spruce cabin.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2012

These cabins are very well-furnished with everything you need. Quiet and comfortable. We will stay here again. Our cabin had 2 TV's, a Stereo, 2 fireplaces, and 2 DVD players, The floor in the bathroom is partially heated. Even has an outdoor grill. The bed was very comfortable. The furniture is comfortable. The cabin does need more than one luggage rack.

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This is very lovely place, very quiet, well mantained, yet close to town and shopping. Hottub was delightful and the cabin was great. Located right on the creek it's pretty hard to beat, although the price of $164 (including taxes) a night was a bit high for off-season lodging. Also, their rules felt a little overbearing at times. I defintely recommend this pace give it a try, enjoy the Elk and wild Turkeys everywhere!

Room Tip: Ask for updated cabin
omaha
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a week in august. Overall a very nice place. Does seem like the owners are very strict on rules. The first thing you have to do when u get to the cabin is sign a document stating that you understand the rules, and you may be charged double if you do not follow them. It kind of just seemed a litle over the top for 180 dollars a night felt like we were trying to be intimidated on our first night. Also the cabins do not allow pets or children which is enforced. But the cabins directley behind the fall river cabins across the river do allow pets and children, so you may occasionally here screaming kids and barking dogs. the fireplace is connected to the heater and is the furnace so you have to use the thermostate to use it kinda unique. the kitchen ammenities were very nice, had every thing from a toaster to a wine bottle opener. the knifes are dull though. The owners came and took our trash out everyday and changed our towels. they wait until your car is gone to come in, they took our privacy very serious which was very nice. The shower is absoultley wonderful im six foot six inches and the shower head could be raised above me which was awesome. Bed is very comfortable, along with the loveseat. Very nice flat panel tv with cable no HBO though. The hot tob was very enjoyable as well. There is also wifi available not super fast but still good. We stayed in ponderosa for six nights and 3 of the nights a black bear was about 15 feet away from the raised patio digging through the dumpster pretty cool. The left side of the patio on ponderosa is not very private though. All and All pretty cool place very close to town the grocery store and Rocky mountain national park. Kinda of pricey but worth it if you got the coin......very romantic your wife or girlfriend will love it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ajmac M
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 14 May 2012

we stayed in Bristlecone, and our daughter and son in law stayed in Juniper May 3 through May 5 2012. What a wonderful few days! The cabins were both wonderful. We had no problems with anything during our stay. John came by on May 4 and checked all the hot tubs, adjusting the chemicals as required. He also offered to remove the trash. They are quite sensitive to the guests privacy, and specifically state that your car is the do not disturb sign. If your car is out front, they will not bother you.

We had no problems with any of the condiments that were available in the cabins, unlike a previous review. The smoke alarm in Juniper started chirping for a new battery, but we simply disconnected it until John had a chance to replace the battery.

A wonderful stay, and we highly recommend this location for anyone looking for a peaceful place in Estes Park.

Room Tip: Pick the cabin of your choice. You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lcoblentz
Clearwater
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This was the most lovely, special place I could ever imagine staying. I would recommend the Juniper Cabin that we stayed in to anyone. You couldn't find a more cozy, romantic place!

Room Tip: I only know about the Juniper Cabin but I imagine the others are also lovely!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple