“Loved it”
Review of Fall River Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Fall River Cabins
Reviewed 3 May 2013

It's been two years since I stayed at the Ponderosa and I was looking online at booking another stay when I saw a bad review on here and felt the need to leave a review of my own.
I first found the cabins online and found the booking process both easy and personal. I was given a code to unlock the key to the cabin (if that makes sense) and sent an email regarding instructions.
It's made clear on all literature that you aren't meant to have guests at any time and I love that. The emails sent to me stated all facts in a business like way. I appreciated that.
I originally booked 2 nights at the Ponderosa in low season and the check out time was clearly stated as 10am on the last say. On the 2nd day we were not willing to leave so I called the owner and without giving any more details, I extended for one more night. It went on my credit card with no bother.

The owner came by on the 2nd day to check the hot tub. We were ok with him coming in and doing that and we had a nice chat. No obstruction at all. He was a polite and lovely guy but I feel if we had wanted to be alone he would have been ok with that and just got on with his business and left.

When we went we took loads of food (the grill and oven were spotless) and also lots of condiments we found we didn't really need any as they were already provided.
We also took lots of booze, which we drank in the hot tub and we kept all the empties under the counter for easy recycling along with a plate I broke one day.

There were DVDs which we didn't really watch, candles we didn't light and plenty of towels and robes we didn't use. Everything was provided though.

Honestly, staying at the Ponderosa was one of the best weekends of my life and one look at the visitors book would tell you the same.

A really personal service and total privacy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank khaleesi26
There are newer reviews for Fall River Cabins

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

This review is from last year so sorry in advance. My boyfriend and I stayed at Fall River Cabins last valentines day and we loved it! The property was beautiful and comfortable. We cooked in the kitchen and used the hot tub. We had a wonderful getaway together and would highly recommend this property to stay at

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I were looking to getaway for our 10 year anniversary and we stayed in the Ponderosa Cabin in the Fall River Cabins. It was wonderful! We had everything that we needed for a few days away from home. We loved how close it was to Estes, so we could be close to town but far enough away that it felt very private. Loved having a hot tub just for the two of us and being able to relax in it day and night. Loved looking up at the stars and seeing the pine trees bordering my view of them while soaking in the tub, with the running river to the side. Everything was clean, cozy and just wonderful!

Room Tip: We had a handicap accessible room and really loved the extra room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank colorado_odyssey
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My wife and I were looking for a quiet cabin for a second honeymoon after 30 years together. It was our aniversery and there were no rooms in Estes except one at the fall river cabins. The lady at the desk was so nice. She had a cancellation and gave us a great two night deal on a cabin with a jacuzzi tub. We cooked out on the grill the night we got there. The river was just outside our deck in the back. There was a nice trail alongside the river with a bridge crossing it.We hiked until dark. Relaxing in the jacuzzi and laying in front of the fireplace made a perfect ending to the day. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I will never forget that trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Bristlecone cabin in November 2012. The cabin felt like home, it was clean and comfortable. We absolutely loved sitting in the hot tub at night looking over the river and at the mountains in the morning. The owners made themselves available if needed, but made sure not to bother you while you were there. We are already planning our next trip back! Can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed in the Juniper Cabin 12/25/15-12/28/12. This was our first trip to Estes Park and we couldn't have had a better stay! The cabin was very cozy with two fireplaces, jacuzzi tub and private hot tub on the deck that overlooked the Fall River. No amenities were forgotten by the owners from the robes to the fully stocked kitchen. The location is great, just a short drive from Rocky Mountain National Park and downtown Estes Park. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmebagen
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I love walking into a place and instantly feeling like I'm at home. My Husband and I booked a cabin for a short getaway, and could not have been happier. It was decorated so cozy-like .. the epitome of 'mountain cabin'. We felt secluded, even though we were just down the road from downtown Estes Park. I could tell a lot of love was put into the place, with all the small accessories in the cabin (movie, music, extras in the kitchen - etc). We really had a great stay, and cannot wait to be able to come back.

Room Tip: stayed in Juniper.. had both an electric fireplace as well as a wood burning fireplace!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple