“a Perfect little getaway”
Review of Fall River Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Fall River Cabins
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This was the perfect way to start our married life together. We did not have the option of taking a long honeymoon right off the bat, so we decided to just get away from the family for a couple of days, and since we are from Northern Colorado, we thought Estes would be a great. We found this place, took a look and decided to go for it. It was perfect. The hot-tub was in good shape, along with the 2 person Jacuzzi tub. The hot water took a little bit to get going, but it just kept coming once it did. the bed was comfortable, everything worked and was clean, and for the price, to get a private cabin with this location was wonderful.

Thanks guys!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We used in the Blue Spruce cabin as our base for a week of hiking trails in Rocky Mountain National Park. The cabin was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. It provided a great place to return to and relax following a day of hiking in the nearby mountains.

The Fall River Cabins are located just outside of Estes Park, so all of the amenities of the town (e.g., eateries, grocery store, pharmacy, shopping, ...) are a short drive away. On two different evenings driving between our cabin and town we encountered a large, bull elk grazing alongside the road.

There is a park entrance about two miles up the road from these cabins, and it is easy to put together a short loop drive from the Fall River entrance to the Beaver Meadows park HQ. That loop drive, taken around dawn or dusk, provides excellent opportunities to view deer and/or elk feeding. During our week in the area we saw an elk nursing herd, a couple of bull elk, and numerous mule deer both resting and grazing.

There are numerous excellent hikes within easy driving distance of Fall River Cabins. Gem Lake is a short, but very much uphill, hike very near to the cabins. Longer hikes with spectacular views and still an easy drive include Chasm Lake, Flattop Mtn/Hallett Peak, Longs Peak, and Twin Sisters. All are excellent hikes, and best done with an early morning start in the summer time.

AT&T phone service is spotty around the cabins, but WIFI is provided!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AtlantaRes
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I didn't think it could get any better than our stay in Blue Spruce last October but I was wrong. Our trip the end of June was last minute and I was thrilled to see that Fall River Cabins had availability for the 2 nights we would be in town. This time we stayed in Bristle Cone. It is just as nice, if not better, than Blue Spruce! While the separate bedroom and living room in Blue Spruce is nice, I didn't mind the "open concept" of Bristle Cone. There is plenty of room for 2 people to un pack their stuff and still get around the place. The bathroom is very spacious as well. Again, the cabin was stocked with everything we needed to prepare the food we brought. The bathroom had plenty of toiletries to use and had a nightlight provided for those middle of the night trips.

What I really liked about Bristle Cone was the hot tub being down off the deck so I didn't have to listen to it "cycle" and it didn't interfere with enjoying the sound of the river. The 2 fireplaces, one gas and one wood, were nice as well.

Being only about 5 hours away, many people I know travel to Estes and I always recommend Fall River Cabins! We hope to be back in December for our Anniversary!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peajay66
Reviewed 3 May 2013

It's been two years since I stayed at the Ponderosa and I was looking online at booking another stay when I saw a bad review on here and felt the need to leave a review of my own.
I first found the cabins online and found the booking process both easy and personal. I was given a code to unlock the key to the cabin (if that makes sense) and sent an email regarding instructions.
It's made clear on all literature that you aren't meant to have guests at any time and I love that. The emails sent to me stated all facts in a business like way. I appreciated that.
I originally booked 2 nights at the Ponderosa in low season and the check out time was clearly stated as 10am on the last say. On the 2nd day we were not willing to leave so I called the owner and without giving any more details, I extended for one more night. It went on my credit card with no bother.

The owner came by on the 2nd day to check the hot tub. We were ok with him coming in and doing that and we had a nice chat. No obstruction at all. He was a polite and lovely guy but I feel if we had wanted to be alone he would have been ok with that and just got on with his business and left.

When we went we took loads of food (the grill and oven were spotless) and also lots of condiments we found we didn't really need any as they were already provided.
We also took lots of booze, which we drank in the hot tub and we kept all the empties under the counter for easy recycling along with a plate I broke one day.

There were DVDs which we didn't really watch, candles we didn't light and plenty of towels and robes we didn't use. Everything was provided though.

Honestly, staying at the Ponderosa was one of the best weekends of my life and one look at the visitors book would tell you the same.

A really personal service and total privacy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank khaleesi26
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

This review is from last year so sorry in advance. My boyfriend and I stayed at Fall River Cabins last valentines day and we loved it! The property was beautiful and comfortable. We cooked in the kitchen and used the hot tub. We had a wonderful getaway together and would highly recommend this property to stay at

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I were looking to getaway for our 10 year anniversary and we stayed in the Ponderosa Cabin in the Fall River Cabins. It was wonderful! We had everything that we needed for a few days away from home. We loved how close it was to Estes, so we could be close to town but far enough away that it felt very private. Loved having a hot tub just for the two of us and being able to relax in it day and night. Loved looking up at the stars and seeing the pine trees bordering my view of them while soaking in the tub, with the running river to the side. Everything was clean, cozy and just wonderful!

Room Tip: We had a handicap accessible room and really loved the extra room.