“Old Cowboys”

Cowpoke Corner Corral
More attraction details
Owner description: Cowpoke Corner Corral allows guests to enjoy a horseback riding adventure through the gorgeous scenic and secluded mountain trails nestled within Roosevelt National Park in the Rocky Mountains. We offer a range of tours from short 60 minutes tours to full-day, nine-hour adventures through points of interest like Cub Lake, Fern Lake and Fern Falls. As part of a family business with over 40 years of experience, we pride ourselves on the care and love we have for our horses, these mountains and your safety and experience. Join us soon for a unique western adventure soon!
Pensacola
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Old Cowboys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife and I decided to ride after 25 years, and Owen, our guide, safely herded us up and down the mountain, being most attentive to our safety and enjoyment. The scenery was gorgeous, and we would have enjoyed it more if they provided sleep-number saddles.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank PickyPensacola

South Saint Paul, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice people, gentle horses!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

My daughter took the 4 hour ride up into the mountains. After going as far as they could on horseback they hiked to the top. She said it was spectacular... and her pictures show that to be true. She rides at Cowpoke each year. Always a positive experience.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank gjbmn
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Experience the Rockies the old fashion way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I had a wonderful time on my families trip to Rocky Mountain National Park and riding with Cowpoke Corner Corral was definitely the highlight of out trip. Our family went for a morning ride so we would not be caught in the afternoon rain showers. We were almost late cause we had a hard time finding their location(Heads up, GPS does not work). Luckily they were nice enough to hold our ride up till we got there. I was given the horse Apache and he was just wonderful! It was only my third time doing something like this so I was a bit nervous but our guide Cassandra did a great job making us feel comfortable in the saddle. Through out the ride she gave us advice on how to ride and interesting bits of information about the surrounding area and history of Estes Park.
After 2 hours of riding I was a bit sore and happy to see the barn,the trip down was a bit bumpy. The staff came around and made sure we all got safely off our horses. We had a wonderful time that day and will definitely be riding again with them next year.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Leighlynn O
Doon, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AWESOME ride at cowpoke corner!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Back in July, 2 of my friends and I rode at the Cowpoke corner corral. Upon arrival, all of the cowboys and cowgirls were very friendly and very helpful. They matched us up with great horses, gave us directions and we were on our way. I was a bit nervous at first, but my horse Barron took great care of me! My friends rode Velvet and Cadillac. Our leader, Jessi, was very nice and knowledgeable about the surrounding area, and answered all of our many questions. Her horse, Shadow, was absolutely beautiful and did a great job of leading the way! The trail was a bit rocky, but then again we were in the ROCKY mountains. The horses were so surefooted and confident, they did an amazing job. On our ride we even had the oppurtunity to see some elk and turkeys in the wild! It was great!! I would definitely ride here again in a heartbeat. No experience required!! The horses do all the work and the guides are very helpful and make sure that you stay safe. My friends and I cannot wait until we have a chance to go back again. Thanks again to everyone at the cowpoke corner!! You guys are great!!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank lets_get_away2013
Columbia, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well behaved horses, friendly guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My fiance and I did the 3 hour ride and really enjoyed it. We both have little riding experience and hadn't ridden in years, but our horses were very easy to get along with and our guide was friendly and fun to talk to. The hike up to the summit of Giant Track Mountain was a nice break from the saddle and provided a great place to enjoy the snacks we brought along. I recommend the early morning ride for great weather and fewer other people.

Visited September 2013