“Great ride”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Elkhorn Lodge
Cuisines: American
Description: Advertised as Western Hospitality Since 1874. I wanted to review their Chuck Wagon Dinner and Show featuring Vic Anderson and the High Country Cowboys.
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I had a terrific opportunity to take a 3 plus hour trail ride with wrangler Mal at Elkhorn Ranch. My horse was cooperative and Mal was a great guide and we had great conversation.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We just had breakfast there this weekend and the service was good and fast. Would eat there again. Nothing special about the place other than it open early

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Wow this place was beyond horrible! There should be a less than 1 rating! I have so many complaints I don't even know where to start. Bought a deal off of Deal Chicken for 2 steak dinners and 90 min horseback ride. First I called at least 30 times in an hour with no answer. Only to recieve a "Subscriber not in service message." They never put on the Deal Chicken that the horseback riding at O'Dells is actually at Elk Horn Lodge!! We drove all over Estes calling every couple of minutes. We had to stop at 3 different places just to figure out where this place was!!

We were comped a room for our troubles... we thought how nice. Until we saw the room! They would have to give these away. The king bed was two twins pushed together. My husband sat down on the bed and it immediately broke!! The carpet was disgusting and the room was frigid cold!! We spent a half hour at the front desk trying to find someone!!! Are you kidding?? We called the numbers left at the desk to call for help from with NO ANSWER!! Finally a guy comes we told him about the broken bed and no heat. He acted like a d**k! Said this is my day off I don't need this. Then when my husband who was nicely explaining what was wrong was told by the guy to get to the point! He was beyond rude and gave us a key to another room which was already slept in! The bed was unmade, the shower had USED towels hanging over the tub and the trash can was full of drink containers!! What??!! This place ruined our Anniversary!! We stayed a whole extra day over the mix up and had to head back home at 8 pm. at night because the jerk of a desk clerk told us "Oh yeah I figured that room wouldn't be clean." Another guest there said, "Oh hey go to the gift shop at 3 am. and just take whatever you want no one is ever around! Karma! The only thing that this place is haunted by is crappy staff, a complacent owner (or lesee as he put it) and bad rooms and decor. I bet the ghosts would leave if they could and ask for their money back!!

2  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I would not give this so called Lodge even one mark, it was beyond terrible. I want you to listen to all of the reviews... DO NOT GO to the Elkhorn Lodge in Estes Park!
I have just read the reviews to see if I was being over critical....but no. It was one of the worst, if not THE worst experience I have had with food and service . We paid $100 for a steak dinner and horseback ride for two.... what a rip off!!!
The entire "place" is a disaster...from no service to clueless employees to food that was very close to dangerous (if not dangerous). Do not eat there!
(Sorry for my overuse of exclamation marks, but they are needed!)
It was such a waste of money and a huge disappointment. I had given this to my husband for his birthday...what a joke. I feel I deserve a refund....
There is such potential...but instead it is a black hole, a wasteland....

1  Thank unhappycamper515
Reviewed 24 September 2012

the food was cold, kept warm in warmers. I'm not even sure it was health code temperatures! variety was okay, just not warm

2  Thank cabolovr