“Save your money, stay elsewhere”
Review of Elkhorn Lodge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Elkhorn Lodge
Cuisines: American
Description: Advertised as Western Hospitality Since 1874. I wanted to review their Chuck Wagon Dinner and Show featuring Vic Anderson and the High Country Cowboys.
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed here with a Groupon late last year. Even with spending less for a a Groupon deal, I still didn't feel like we got our money's worth. The carpet was filthy, the bathroom was carpeted (for real!), the windows had cracks in them - and due to the heat we had to keep the windows open. There was a wedding party that lasted until almost 4am that kept us up all night. The mattress on the bed may have been as old as the lodge itself (100+ years). If this is your only option, may I suggest camping instead?

1  Thank EllisFan14
There are newer reviews for Elkhorn Lodge

Reviewed 19 June 2013

The 90 minute trail ride that my husband and I went on only lasted an hour. We had to wait an additional 20 minutes for the steak dinner that was part of the package. The steak was good but everything else was cold. We were served water only to drink and paper plates and plastic utensils....very cheesy. I wouldn't recommend wasting your money. And I only paid half price through living social. Definitely not worth it.

1  Thank Lolly1432
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I had a terrific opportunity to take a 3 plus hour trail ride with wrangler Mal at Elkhorn Ranch. My horse was cooperative and Mal was a great guide and we had great conversation.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We just had breakfast there this weekend and the service was good and fast. Would eat there again. Nothing special about the place other than it open early

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Wow this place was beyond horrible! There should be a less than 1 rating! I have so many complaints I don't even know where to start. Bought a deal off of Deal Chicken for 2 steak dinners and 90 min horseback ride. First I called at least 30 times in an hour with no answer. Only to recieve a "Subscriber not in service message." They never put on the Deal Chicken that the horseback riding at O'Dells is actually at Elk Horn Lodge!! We drove all over Estes calling every couple of minutes. We had to stop at 3 different places just to figure out where this place was!!

We were comped a room for our troubles... we thought how nice. Until we saw the room! They would have to give these away. The king bed was two twins pushed together. My husband sat down on the bed and it immediately broke!! The carpet was disgusting and the room was frigid cold!! We spent a half hour at the front desk trying to find someone!!! Are you kidding?? We called the numbers left at the desk to call for help from with NO ANSWER!! Finally a guy comes we told him about the broken bed and no heat. He acted like a d**k! Said this is my day off I don't need this. Then when my husband who was nicely explaining what was wrong was told by the guy to get to the point! He was beyond rude and gave us a key to another room which was already slept in! The bed was unmade, the shower had USED towels hanging over the tub and the trash can was full of drink containers!! What??!! This place ruined our Anniversary!! We stayed a whole extra day over the mix up and had to head back home at 8 pm. at night because the jerk of a desk clerk told us "Oh yeah I figured that room wouldn't be clean." Another guest there said, "Oh hey go to the gift shop at 3 am. and just take whatever you want no one is ever around! Karma! The only thing that this place is haunted by is crappy staff, a complacent owner (or lesee as he put it) and bad rooms and decor. I bet the ghosts would leave if they could and ask for their money back!!

2  Thank Michelle R