“Excellent Tour”

Yellow Wood Guiding
Ranked #6 of 26 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private customized Wildlife, Photo, and Nature Tours in Rocky Mountain National Park. Visit our website or email to book your Safari. Tours are limited to 4 guests, in a covered vehicle. Each guest is provided the best binoculars and camera gear available, coupled with the outstanding knowledge our guide offers. See more scenery, more wildlife, and take better pictures during your trip. No other guide service in Rocky can offer a better private customized experience.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a excellent tour with Jared. We left at 5 am to find wildlife. We were not disappointed. We saw Elk, Moose, big horn sheep and other wildlife. He was very knowledgeable about the park, the animals and the area in general. He was very flexible with the time, what we wanted to do and how long we spent in the different areas. It was a great day in the park. I would highly recommend Jared and his company for anyone looking for a private tour.

There are newer reviews for Yellow Wood Guiding

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My daughter (16) and I took the tour, and couldn't have been more pleased. Jared has a way of explaining photography and how to use our cameras that we, previously never venturing off the standard preset settings, were able to understand the rudiments of aperture, ISO, and shutter speed. And we took some amazing pictures! Highly recommend Yellow Wood Guiding.

1  Thank Screwcap2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

At first I wasn't sure what type of tour I wanted to take (landscape, wildlife, etc). Jared was very patient over email, and I finally decided on a wildlife tour focused on small mammals (fox, coyote, marmot, pika, etc).

Jared is very knowledgeable about the animals in the park, as well as photography. He shared a few really good tips on various camera settings, and knew just the right balance between stepping in and letting me do my own thing.

I got to see just about everything on the list. I ended up seeing a coyote the next day out, but Jared showed me a few good spots to look.

For the price I don't think this can be beat. For less than $200 I got a guide, some photo instruction, and the use of professional camera gear (Nikon 500 and 600mm lenses).

I'll be getting my photos up online soon if you want to see more images (jeffcarpenter.photography)

1  Thank JCDVM
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I'm a professional photographer and I've never used a photo-guide before so I was unsure how Jared would adjust to my needs. After asking me a few questions as we got started he easily altered his routine to match what I was looking for and we had a great time. He is deeply knowledgable about how and exactly where to photograph the Rocky Mountains. An added bonus is that he is also a professional naturalist and knows a tremendous amount about the animals and plants.

Jared was professional in all ways. He said he would pick us up at 5 AM and he was there precisely on time. When we had a question or needed something he was ready. His attitude was always "What can I do to help you?"

He is young and energetic and is a pleasure to be with. If I had any criticism it would be that he is too certain of artistic and photographic rules. I suspect as he learns more he will realize that he understands less than he thought.

I hope to go back out with him again! It is hard to imagine someone better!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked up the Mill Creek Lake hiking trail with Jared and it was great. Jared as others have mentioned is like a walking encyclopedia, talk about knowing your job! The hike itself was amazing reaching Mill Creek Lake was so satisfying and the the views...my gosh! It was unbelievable, like my big eyes couldn't soak in all its amazingness! Along the way Jared will share facts and point out things you wouldn't be able to know or figure out on your own. Take a tour you will end up a better person walking down than you were will walking up ;)!

Been to Yellow Wood Guiding? Share your experiences!