“Fisherman's Friend”

Scot's Sporting Goods
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to fly fish in and around Rocky Mountain National Park. We cater to the beginner as well as the expert. Offering 4, 6 and 8 hour trips with all the equipment you need except the one day fishing license that we sell at the store. Our trips are just minites away as we are located in the heart of the Rockies in Estes Park, Colorado.
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Scot's is truly a one-stop shop for outdoorsman. The friendly staff is eager to help with any outdoor need. They're particularly competent with regards to fly fishing. I was very pleased with John, the guide they set me up with.

scot199, Owner at Scot's Sporting Goods, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thanks for your review. It's good to know our customers are having a good time!

All reviews
"flies"
in 3 reviews
"rockies"

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have heard about fly fishing for past few years and have been waiting to try it for the first time. Scot's in Estes Park made the experience better than I expected. The people are incredible in the store, making sure we had all the right gear before we even left. Prices were so great, we got more than we needed from that store. Chris was our guide and we wouldn't have had it any other way. This rookie learned so much from him and we all caught some great fish. We had a great time, and can't wait til next year to do it again, maybe a few more days of it. Thanks to everyone we met at Scot's.

scot199, Owner at Scot's Sporting Goods, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Looks like you had a good day. Glad you enjoyed your outing and thanks for taking the time to give us a review.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

If you're interested in fly fishing or hiking while visiting Estes Park and need supplies or recommendations drop in and visit the staff at Scot's Sporting Goods. They are very friendly and knowledgeable. I had a great day fishing with Chris, he had me in the fish all day. He has years of fly fishing experience and is very willing to share his wealth of knowlegde if you're interested. He took me to different parts of the stream and would explain and demonstrate the proper technique needed to fish the area. He explained the reason behind his fly selection and showed me the larva that the fly was simulating. I've used another guide service at Estes Park but did not get the personal attention that Chris provided. He was right by my side the entire day. I highly recommend Scot's Sporting Goods and if you're in need of a great guide, Chris is your man. I know I'll use him again if I return to Estes Park.

Thanks for you review. Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip. That's great to know!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We were new to the area and needed a fly fishing guide and gear. Scots people were really helpful and had good value and reasonable prices. We had a great day w Gary as our guide and he was very patient with beginners. A man who really enjoys his work and knows the places to fish. We kept our gear for the week and returned to the spots he showed us. It worked out great.

scot199, Owner at Scot's Sporting Goods, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thanks for taking time to review us! I like to follow the reviews to see how we are doing. Scot

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Scot's Sporting Goods provided knowledge of fishing areas with a map. We used them for an 8 hour Guided Fly Fishing trip, that was wonderful. Our guide Chris was great! He put us onto fish and made the day so much fun. He also pointed out how to fish each section of the rivers where we fished. He taught us knew techniques and actually hooked 3-4 fish himself demonstrating the technique he was teaching us. What a great day and I would highly recommend Scot's for fishing needs in the Estes Park area as well as guided fishing!

scot199, Owner at Scot's Sporting Goods, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thanks for taking the time to make a response! Glad you had a good time.