“Journey to the Top tour”

Rocky Mountain Conservancy Tours
Ranked #14 of 25 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The Rocky Mountain Conservancy- Field Institute provides custom and regularly scheduled educational adventures and tours for folks visiting Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park, Colorado. Topics that we provide classes on include: backpacking, hiking, birding, photography, wildflowers, wildlife, geology, history, astronomy, and more! With advanced notice, any class can be customized for a family or group.
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My family and I took the Journey to the Top tour with Joann from RMNA. We really enjoyed it and had a good time! Joann was very interesting to talk to and very well informed. Even if you have already driven Trail Ridge Road, the tour is worth it because you get a lot of additional information and notice things you did not notice on the rush through. She even allowed us a couple extra minutes to try and snap photos of an animal we had been hunting high and low for. And she was very good about taking family pictures of us along the route. Make sure to take a jacket...it's a little chilly at the top!

1  Thank MOracefan
"visitor center"
"big horn sheep"
"sunset tour"

Reviewed 3 July 2012

I took this tour along with my husband and 16 year old nephew in June. We agreed it was the best 6 hours of our Colorado vacation. Our guide was David Adams and along with Rachel we experenced the beauty and the history of the Rockies along Trail Ridge Road. The bus ride was comfortable with many stops along the way. A wonderful tour, one not to be missed.

1  Thank Peg C
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I participated in the 'Capturing Wildlife Images' field seminar this June. It was a 2 1/2 day seminar that was taught by professional wildlife photographer, Lee cline. It was excellent! I learned so much! In additional to helping fill in some of my photography gaps and developing better skills, I also learned about where to look for specific wildlife and how to observe the animals to get better images. We were able to ask lots of questions--although it probably helped that our group was relatively small. Lee also shared personal stories about some of his more difficult shots. We did all of our photography in different places around beautiful Rocky Mountains National Park. Despite the region being in a prolonged state of drought and a large forest fire burning farther to the north, we were still able to find lots of wildlife to photograph (although it took a little longer to find some of the elks). I photographed elks, marmots, pikas, ptarmigans, blue birds, and more. I enjoyed this so much that I'm looking forward to returning to the Rocky Mountains again in the future and taking more of these field seminars.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Very informative and enjoyable 6 hour guided tour of Trail Ridge Rd, led by David Adams, science teacher and former Park Ranger. gave great info on geology, climate, flora and fawna, very interactive with participants - Great value, fee included lunch. Would go again