“First Timers Great Experience”
Review of Estes Angler

Estes Angler
More attraction details
Owner description: Estes Angler, Estes Park's only dedicated fly fishing Pro Shop and Guide Service, operating since 1993. We offer Guided Fly Fishing trips into Rocky Mountain National Park and the surrounding area. We offer a Full line Pro Shop with a courteous, knowledgable and helpful staff to assist you with your fly fishing in the area.
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I had booked this back some time ago via e-mail as one of our "must dos" on our Labor Day trip to Estes Park. Good response and communication. Neither of us had ever fly fished. We have both fished on occasion but not for years. Their place was easy to find and we got "geared up" pretty quick. Cody was our guide and was a very knowledgeable nice easy going guy with lots of patience when I caught quite a few tree branches he helped me "unhook". I caught a 15" rainbow trout which Cody told me was one of the bigger ones he has seen on one of his tours. My husband caught 3 that were "smaller than my fish". The experience of just standing in the middle of a stream hearing the water and taking in the gorgeous mountain view is in itself priceless. We had a great morning and would highly recommend fly fishing with Estes Angler.

1  Thank love2travelalso

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Wow! What a great time we had. My husband and I had never fly fished, so we did not know what to expect. The hiking and true sport of fly fishing was beyond our expectations. Our guide Tim did an excellent job going thru step by step. When you go expect to be exhausted by sites and beauty. The hardest part is learning to walk on water!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I had the pleasure of dealing with Grant and Tim. Grant is a professional, easy to deal with and was extremely helpful. My guide Tim was great, he picked me up at my site, (my wife wanted the car) and I spent the next four hours fishing. Even though I have been fishing for the past 10 plus years, Tim was great. He spoke to me as a professional, I learned a great deal from him and ended up catching 3 Brown and one green back. I would highly recommend Grant and Tim

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Wow! What an experience. Frank took us to Glacier Creek just east of Bear Lake. It was a steep climb down to the creek but well worth it. It was an amazing place, I would have been happy just to take pictures and hike the animal trails that were on both sides of the creek. Both my wife and I are amateurs when it comes to fly fishing. Frank was very patient and showed us how and where to cast for the best results. I caught 3 and Brenda caught 5. I had a few more bites that got away. Standing at the bottom of a gorge knee deep in a fast running stream catching fish is a once in a life time experience. Frank was very careful not to overtax a couple of flat landers ( our elevation is about 75 feet above sea level compared to 8,000+). On the way back to civilization he picked the trails that were the easiest. Would I go back? At age 70 I am not sure how many more trips like this I can make but I highly recommend Frank. Maybe next time a level highland lake will be the spot of choice. The prices were very fair it was around $180 including license, gear, and a few souvenir flys.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My family and my sister's family were in Estes Park mid-July 2013 and signed up with Estes Angler for a day of flyfishing in the RMNP. There were 7 of us and we had 3 guides (Trigg, Zach and Cody) - we split up once we got to the park and had a great day of fishing! The guides were patient with the new and novice flyfishers - and we thoroughly recommend Estes Angler for any family outing. We were on safe water and well attended to for the experience.

Thanks Estes Anglers!