“Fantastic Tour!!”

Green Jeep Tours
Ranked #9 of 26 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jump in our custom Green Jeep, designed to be the ultimate tour vehicle. Equipped with removable canvas sides and top to provide unmatched panoramic viewing to truly take in all the beauty of the Rockies.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My wife and I took a 5:00 p.m. tour up to Trail Ridge Road and back (in Rocky Mountain National Park) since we thought we might see more wild life on an evening tour. There were 7 of us guests on the tour, along with Cliff, our driver. Cliff is amazing and very passionate about his job and the outdoors!! He is very conversant in meteorology, wildlife, geology and the history of Estes Park, including several of the notable persons from the past. You ought to ask for a tour where Cliff is the driver. You will be greatly entertained and informed.

OK, back to the tour. We left the office promptly at 5:00. Cliff made sure we all had adequate supplies and warm weather clothing before we left. As we got closer and closer to the highest point on Trail Ridge Road, the weather began to deteriorate. It began to get cold and the rain began to fall. We had a good group in our Jeep and we all agreed to press onward and upward. While we began the tour in a open top Jeep, as the rain began to fall lightly, Cliff unrolled the canvas top over the passenger compartment of the Jeep to protect us from the rain. As we arrived at the top, it was pouring rain and pretty cold. But, what an adventure!! We felt completely safe in Cliff's hands. And, he is ever the optimist believing that the rain would subside soon - which it did as we began our descent.

If you have 3 hours to spend in Estes Park, I can heartily recommend Green Jeep Tours and, especially Cliff as a driver! You won't be disappointed!

Oh, and we never did see any large wildlife, such as elk, big horn sheep or moose(s). But, when we stopped at one of the overlooks, we did get to meet some chipmunks and ground squirrels up close and personal. However, it was such fun, entertaining and informative with Cliff as our driver, I don't think anyone on the tour regretted not seeing elk, big horn sheep or moose(s).

Take the adventure and make sure you take some warm clothing.

5  Thank 55ChevyLover
"beautiful scenery"
in 16 reviews
"bear lake"
in 5 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"awesome experience"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Worth every penny! I wanted to do the trip through the park but was travelling alone and wanted to see the scenery, not the road. I am so glad I booked this trip. Beautiful scenery and a fun and knowledgeable guide. Thanks Jeff, for making me want to see more of the park and for making sure we had a great time!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Green Jeep Tours provides an excellent way to visit and learn more about RMNP. Our guide, Justin gave us a fact-filled informational tour of the park. Not only did we learn a lot about the vegatation, wild life and history of the park, it was great because we didn't have to do the driving and could enjoy the view without having to watch the road. I would highly reccommend this tour to anyone who would like an entertaining, fact-filled, scenic overview of RMNP.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I wish I could remember the name of our guide, because she was the Best. I want to say it was Lorena. She new the area, had great knowledge of the wildlife, was so accommodating to what we wanted to see. She had great stories to tell of her adventures. I would recommend to anybody and would go again myself!