“Out of Business”

Stone Age BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Out of Business”
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

We attempted eating here last weekend. Unfortunately, a glass blowing shop is now located at this address. We spoke to the new location owner--Prehistoric BBQ did not make it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ldcampbell

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Silly theme, but GREAT food”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We had lunch there over winter break and my teenage son is still raving over the best burger he ever ate! (I think it was a mixed game burger with elk and bison and some other meat, too). I had buffalo chili, my husband had a mixed grill of 3 different game sausages plus baked beans and our 9 yos had kids' meals. Portions were very large, everything homemade (even the cookies on the kids' meals) and the fries were to-die-for. Usually I don't like battered fries, but these were amazing. Very friendly service, too.

Server mentioned that they will be closing for the season sometime in early February, but definitely look them up when they reopen next spring.

• Visited December 2012
Parker, Colorado
“Great local diner with unique menu.”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

As meat eaters we were happy to enjoy great and tasty meals here. Friendly service. The owner made it possible for me to retrieve lost item in after hours and gave new meaning to service with a smile.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A very unique place with great food!”
Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

What a clever idea, combining a bbq place with a caveman theme--we had a lot of laughs over the name of menu items! I only eat meat which is humanely raised, and wild game definitely fits the bill. Stone Age BBQ has a GREAT selection of wild game menu items. I had the Mountain Man burger, a mix of venison, elk, wild boar, bison and antelope. It was VERY VERY good, and didn't taste "gamey." My husband had the pork ribs, which had a lot of meat on the generous portion. The fries were nice and crispy. To top it off, the owner and waitress were extremely friendly, made us feel very welcome, and took great care of us. I definitely recommend this unique place!! There are vegetarian and fish options, but give the wild game a try!

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Enjoyed our meal”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We had lunch on the patio with our dogs. The waitress was friendly and answered any questions we had about the menu. We started out with the hushpuppies. They were excellent. It is hard to find good hushpuppies West of the Mississippi. The raspberry tea was good too. My husband got the special Mountin Man burger. It was a mixture of several kinds of game and beef. It was excellent. My carolina pulled port was good. (I like Smokin Daves better.) The sweet potatoe fries were excellent too. The cornbread that was served with the meal was very good and sweet. For dessert we got the burbon pecan pie. The waitress did not tell my husband that it was heated. He burned his lip on a steam pocket! It was very good but poke some holes in it to let out the steam out before eating! We will go back the next time we are in Estes Park.

• Visited September 2012