We stayed in one of the spa suites, which is a collection of little row-house rooms away from the main lodge. The spa suites run along Fall River, and include a HUGE indoor jacuzzi tub in the main living/sleeping area and a small kitchenette. The room was clean and nicely decorated, and the bed was very comfy. However, i had to take a star off for the way the window blinds are set up. In the marketing photos, it appears that the spa suites are on the 2nd floor, overlooking the river. Much marketing talk is made of how romantic it is to sit in the jacuzzi tub with your sweetheart and watch the snow fall. However, that really isn't possible on the weekend when other guests are around -- the spa suites are on ground floor and people walk by your windows along the river. So, if you want even basic privacy, you need to lower the blinds all the way. In which case, there's no way to see the pretty scenery outside. Top-down / bottom-up blinds are widely available these days ... Boulder Brook should invest in them! That would enable guests to cover the bottom half of the windows so passers-by couldn't see in, but enable guests to see out the top half of the windows. Another issue we had was the doors slamming. Any time a neighbor opened/closed one of the many doors to their unit, we heard the banging. There was a TV and cable, but it oddly didn't include any music stations. And the little boom box radio didn't have a jack to enable us to plug in our iPods. So we had to listen to music off our tablet PCs. Luckily, the free wi-fi was super-fast, so we were able to stream Pandora. So, in summary, the place has a lot of potential, but there are a couple of little details that could really make the place great. Until those details get fixed, i don't think it's worth $200/night and i don't see us rushing back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 19 riverfront suites with private decks along the Fall River. Kitchenettes and fireplaces in every unit. Outdoor hot tub. Spa suites feature two-person jetted tubs with river views. One Bedroom suites have one-person jetted tubs.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Boulder Brook on Fall River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boulder Brook On Fall River Hotel Estes Park
- Boulder Brook On Fall River Estes Park, CO