“Buyer Beware. Customer Service STINKS!!!”

Mountains and Memories
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Mountains and Memories
Aurora, Colorado
“Buyer Beware. Customer Service STINKS!!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I signed up for a Thursday-Sunday retreat online. I made an initial down payment of $50 and then agreed to 5 additional payments of $55. For the next 3 months I was charged $50 and then $55 at the first of the month. It took over a month to get this issue fixed. Then 1 month before the retreat she billed the taxes. This should have been it and I was paid in full. The beginning of the next month I was billed AGAIN! This issue was eventually fixed as well. I was scheduled to go to the retreat September 19-22. Due to historic flooding in the area all roads in and out were closed only to residence. On September 16th Becky cancelled the weekend, due to this act of God. She offered to reschedule our weekend to a different weekend in 2013. Unfortunately none of the dates she offered worked for my schedule. On September 18th we were informed that one road had been open into Estes Park and that the retreat was still on. After contacting both the Larimer County Sheriff's Department and the Town of Estes Park, we were advised that "yes, the road is open. Please don't come yet. We can not handle visitors at this time." So in respect for the residents of Estes Park and surrounding areas, I decided to head the advice of the Sheriff. While my money has been refunded for the retreat, I was not refunded the $50 for the deposit as Becky says she didn't cancel the weekend, I did. I did not voluntarily cancel. I headed the advice of the local law enforcement. Customer Service is not a strong suit of this business. Phone calls are returned with snarky, short emails. The billing problems were not apologized for, excuses were made. The retreat was refunded but the deposit was kept because “it was my cancelation.” Buyer BEWARE!!! Maybe it would have been a lovely time, but I have such a bad taste in my mouth for how I was treated and Mountains & Memories customer service, that I will never know.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Ldan7

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Lyons, Colorado
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Mountains & Memories is an all-inclusive scrapbook retreat in a beautifully decorated large, spotless, new mountain home. The set up is perfect for a girls weekend getaway with (2) large 5-person bedrooms on the upper level connected by a jack and jill bathroom, and (1) 2-person bedroom on the lower level. The owners and hosts of the lodge reside on the main floor. Each bed is an individual twin, with fuzzy warm bedding.

The atmosphere feels very pampering with wonderful scented bath products, warm throws, gorgeous leather furniture, a woodburning fireplace in the den, an abundant supply of snacks, picture windows... The basement is outfitted as a scrapbookers dream with 12 crafting tables all individually lit, a printer, a Cricut, and plenty of supplies. The house has wifi so you can bring a laptop to work on if you're a digital scrapbooker.

All meals are handmade by the hosts in the open kitchen - breakfast, lunch and dinner, and served at a large dining table. We were well-fed and everything was delicious! There are even nightly lattes! They are currently only open on weekends: Thurs - Sun, or Fri - Sun.

The house is nestled in a forest near a river and the wildlife is abundant. We got to see a flock of wild turkeys just walking by the property, heard an elk bugling, and saw numerous different birds and ground animals.

It would be hard to pick my favorite thing about the weekend I spent there with my girlfriends, but the list would be: gorgeous setting in the mountains (first snow of the season!), special time away with friends, no cleaning up after anything, lots of time to focus on my scrapbook, feeling pampered. At the end of the weekend we all booked our return trip for next year!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends