First a comment on the price since a couple of recent reviewers made note of it. Rua17 said it was a "nice cheap hotel, avoid the breakfast" (More on breakfast in a moment). Maxinerose disagreed with rua17, saying it was "very expensive for the small room I was given ($87.72 after taxes)" OK, here's my take on it. I also paid $87.72 after taxes. I don't think the room was cheap like rua17; nor do I think it was expensive like maxinerose. I thought it was very reasonable for Estes Park. The room was not large, but neither was it small. It did have a lot of furniture in it, which made it seem a little smaller than it actually was (in addition to the bed and entertainment center it had two stuffed chairs, a nice desk chair, a desk, two nightstands, and a small table with a floor arrangement on it. Like maxinerose, I am also a Best Western platinum member, and presumably could have gotten an upgrade, but I thought the room was fine The fridge and microwave both worked well. The room, by the way, was spotless. Don't know that I've ever had a cleaner room in any motel. We were there four nights and returned to a spotless room each evening.
I will disagree with rua17 on the breakfast. I thought it was very good. There were at least two different kinds of hot eggs each morning, bacon and/or sausage, biscuits, gravy, potatoes, assorted breads, (including an excellent carrot walnut bread), fresh and canned fruit, yogurt, assorted cereals, etc.
The location is a plus. It's not in the middle of town, but exactly one mile away from downtown. There is a nice walking path from the motel to town where you don't have to cross any streets. There is an alternative path, a little longer, that takes you along the golf course, which is inhabited by the elk in the evenings. All- in-all, an outstanding selection for accomodations in Estes Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Silver Saddle is located in the high mountain valley village of Estes Park, Colorado. All rooms, facilities and grounds are one-hundred percent non-smoking. A deluxe continental breakfast is served each morning. All rooms are air conditioned. Amenities include a heated outdoor pool (seasonal), indoor hot tub, coin laundry. Every room has a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Hotel Estes Park
- Best Western Estes Park
- Estes Park Best Western
- Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn Estes Park, CO