“Very nice, comfortable”

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
“Very nice, comfortable”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Booked this for a last minute drive to the Rocky mountain National Park. Price was reasonable. Motel is clean, beds comfortable. Simple breakfast was enought to get you on the road early. Just outside of town, easy location. Recommend for anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Greatly enjoyed the visit, hot tub was enjoyable and the fireplace in the suite set the mood. Excellent full breakfast selection and only a couple block from downtown Estes Park. The room was very clean and fresh, and the hotel staff exceptionally friendly. The price was very reasonable, and I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

This was a very nice place to stay & was clean & comfortable. Breakfast was good & had choice of hot or cold items. Good location right on the edge of town. Beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains.

• Stayed May 2012
Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed 28 April 2012

First a comment on the price since a couple of recent reviewers made note of it. Rua17 said it was a "nice cheap hotel, avoid the breakfast" (More on breakfast in a moment). Maxinerose disagreed with rua17, saying it was "very expensive for the small room I was given ($87.72 after taxes)" OK, here's my take on it. I also paid $87.72 after taxes. I don't think the room was cheap like rua17; nor do I think it was expensive like maxinerose. I thought it was very reasonable for Estes Park. The room was not large, but neither was it small. It did have a lot of furniture in it, which made it seem a little smaller than it actually was (in addition to the bed and entertainment center it had two stuffed chairs, a nice desk chair, a desk, two nightstands, and a small table with a floor arrangement on it. Like maxinerose, I am also a Best Western platinum member, and presumably could have gotten an upgrade, but I thought the room was fine The fridge and microwave both worked well. The room, by the way, was spotless. Don't know that I've ever had a cleaner room in any motel. We were there four nights and returned to a spotless room each evening.

I will disagree with rua17 on the breakfast. I thought it was very good. There were at least two different kinds of hot eggs each morning, bacon and/or sausage, biscuits, gravy, potatoes, assorted breads, (including an excellent carrot walnut bread), fresh and canned fruit, yogurt, assorted cereals, etc.

The location is a plus. It's not in the middle of town, but exactly one mile away from downtown. There is a nice walking path from the motel to town where you don't have to cross any streets. There is an alternative path, a little longer, that takes you along the golf course, which is inhabited by the elk in the evenings. All- in-all, an outstanding selection for accomodations in Estes Park.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank HikingMTM
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've been trying to decide about writing a review because it will be my first negative one... but just want to leave some advice/warning. First I don't feel this is a 'cheap' motel as rua17 wrote... it was very expensive for the small room I was given ($87.72 after taxes). I was a Platinum member with Best Western, but should have spoken up for an upgrade once I saw the room (a terribly costly lesson to learn)...tho I did use the bathroom first thing and thus 'used' the room. I DID love that there was a window in the bathroom, and the appearance of the small room was lovely inside... however, I was put in a room that faced the gray wooden wall of the next motel, and had to lean over the heater/AC unit to look to the left to see a little bit of hills and trees.... but boy it really was a huge disappointment not to be able to see the beauty of Estes Park. Also, I found that 'refrigerator' without a freezer in it did not keep my things cool and I needed bags of ice by my food in there. Be sure you see your room first and are completely satisfied with it. They were far from full that night, and that they didn't upgrade me really made me feel like I was shoved in a corner and WAAAYYYY overpaid for it too! I did write them and told them all this and never received a reply... and that really made it feel even more like a ripoff and taken advantage of. I regret the stay and the lost $. Two weeks later I stayed at another motel in Estes Park and saved quite a bit of $ and had a wonderful view and a working refrigerator!

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the room facing the wall!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank maxinerose
bubba_jones_2004, Manager at Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay. In this review you mention that you never received a response. I emailed a response to you on March 13. I am forwarding that response to you at the email address you provided.

The room which you reserved was not one of our view rooms. Had you expressed a concern about the view when you checked in, we would have gladly discussed alternate rooms.

If you wish to speak to me regarding your concerns, please do not heistte to call me at 970.586.4476.

Regards,

Cory Blackman
San Jose
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The hotel is clean,and well located to visit RMNP. I will return to this hotel, however the breakfast is terrible, they have to improve the freshness of all food.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Craig, Colorado
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Some friends and I stayed at the Best western Silver Saddle hotel while attending a wedding in Estes. Upon arrival, I noticed how well kept the grounds and buildings were, very neat. Even though my room was already paid for and the desk clerk was very nice, check in was painfully long. Fill out this, sign here, here, here and here again, can't do this, don't do that, etc. Not a problem really, but I have checked in at much larger metropolitan hotels much, much quicker. The keys are funny too, not a card but almost a USB style thing, kinda weird but again, not a big problem. Was told the hot tub was only available in 15 minute intervals and you had to call and reserve it or come down and see if anyone was in it.....hmmmm. I am not to partial to a bunch of rules and regulations about pools and hottubs.
Anyway, our rooms were in the annex part, a separate building just east of the main hotel. Aside from the sumo wrestler stomping up and down the stairs (which shook the building), the rooms were very spacious, had a nice flat screen TV, microwave, fridge and FREE WIRELESS.....yay. I will always recommend and return to places that offer free wireless, I HATE places that charge and won't seek them when traveling. There is an iron and ironing board in the spacious closet and my room, with one king, had a very nice sitting area to chat and have cocktails with friends.
Most positive thing, and this is serious, the room was spotless, clean as a whistle and trust me, I look, I even carry sanitary wiping cloths to clean remotes and doorknobs, but did not need them here, smelled fresh too.
The one drawback to the room was the shower. I could have poured water on myself from the sink with more pressure than the shower put out. It was this strange contraption mounted to the wall by a flexible spout which could be adjusted to any height. There were several selections of how you wanted the water to come out, but none of them increased the pressure. For the life of me this seems to be a common hotel problem, no water pressure, and I don't understand why none of them will fix it.
Again, not a huge issue, just an annoying one as it took twice as long to shower than normal.
All in all this is a very nice hotel, it was a little ways from the main part of town, but not far. If you were walking, maybe 15-20 minutes...driving, less than 3 or 4 minutes from main street shops and eateries. Beautiful views from the right rooms and fresh air. This is a non-smoking grounds and you basically have to go stand in the street to smoke. I do not smoke but I have a friend that does.
I would definitely stay here again if in Estes.

Room Tip: Ask I guess, not sure how to get what you want without just asking.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends