“Nice place”

Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here after our stay at elkhorn lodge. The hotel was very nice and clean. Great location, good breakfast, nice pool. We love estes park -we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank 00gunner

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This motel had it all for us. It was reasonably priced, it was absolutely clean, it was quiet, the location was great. The breakfast was above the usual continental breakfast. The staff was courteous and helpful. The only thing we would change is that when the motel is full the breakfast area is too small. When we tried to take our breakfast to our room they wouldnot allow you to take food out of the eating area. I am assuming this is due to some people packing their lunch for hiking from the breakfast food. This rule needs to be loosened or the area made larger. We would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eclecticquilter
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Booked this for a last minute drive to the Rocky mountain National Park. Price was reasonable. Motel is clean, beds comfortable. Simple breakfast was enought to get you on the road early. Just outside of town, easy location. Recommend for anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Greatly enjoyed the visit, hot tub was enjoyable and the fireplace in the suite set the mood. Excellent full breakfast selection and only a couple block from downtown Estes Park. The room was very clean and fresh, and the hotel staff exceptionally friendly. The price was very reasonable, and I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

This was a very nice place to stay & was clean & comfortable. Breakfast was good & had choice of hot or cold items. Good location right on the edge of town. Beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 28 April 2012

First a comment on the price since a couple of recent reviewers made note of it. Rua17 said it was a "nice cheap hotel, avoid the breakfast" (More on breakfast in a moment). Maxinerose disagreed with rua17, saying it was "very expensive for the small room I was given ($87.72 after taxes)" OK, here's my take on it. I also paid $87.72 after taxes. I don't think the room was cheap like rua17; nor do I think it was expensive like maxinerose. I thought it was very reasonable for Estes Park. The room was not large, but neither was it small. It did have a lot of furniture in it, which made it seem a little smaller than it actually was (in addition to the bed and entertainment center it had two stuffed chairs, a nice desk chair, a desk, two nightstands, and a small table with a floor arrangement on it. Like maxinerose, I am also a Best Western platinum member, and presumably could have gotten an upgrade, but I thought the room was fine The fridge and microwave both worked well. The room, by the way, was spotless. Don't know that I've ever had a cleaner room in any motel. We were there four nights and returned to a spotless room each evening.

I will disagree with rua17 on the breakfast. I thought it was very good. There were at least two different kinds of hot eggs each morning, bacon and/or sausage, biscuits, gravy, potatoes, assorted breads, (including an excellent carrot walnut bread), fresh and canned fruit, yogurt, assorted cereals, etc.

The location is a plus. It's not in the middle of town, but exactly one mile away from downtown. There is a nice walking path from the motel to town where you don't have to cross any streets. There is an alternative path, a little longer, that takes you along the golf course, which is inhabited by the elk in the evenings. All- in-all, an outstanding selection for accomodations in Estes Park.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank HikingMTM
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've been trying to decide about writing a review because it will be my first negative one... but just want to leave some advice/warning. First I don't feel this is a 'cheap' motel as rua17 wrote... it was very expensive for the small room I was given ($87.72 after taxes). I was a Platinum member with Best Western, but should have spoken up for an upgrade once I saw the room (a terribly costly lesson to learn)...tho I did use the bathroom first thing and thus 'used' the room. I DID love that there was a window in the bathroom, and the appearance of the small room was lovely inside... however, I was put in a room that faced the gray wooden wall of the next motel, and had to lean over the heater/AC unit to look to the left to see a little bit of hills and trees.... but boy it really was a huge disappointment not to be able to see the beauty of Estes Park. Also, I found that 'refrigerator' without a freezer in it did not keep my things cool and I needed bags of ice by my food in there. Be sure you see your room first and are completely satisfied with it. They were far from full that night, and that they didn't upgrade me really made me feel like I was shoved in a corner and WAAAYYYY overpaid for it too! I did write them and told them all this and never received a reply... and that really made it feel even more like a ripoff and taken advantage of. I regret the stay and the lost $. Two weeks later I stayed at another motel in Estes Park and saved quite a bit of $ and had a wonderful view and a working refrigerator!

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the room facing the wall!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank maxinerose
bubba_jones_2004, Manager at Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay. In this review you mention that you never received a response. I emailed a response to you on March 13. I am forwarding that response to you at the email address you provided.

The room which you reserved was not one of our view rooms. Had you expressed a concern about the view when you checked in, we would have gladly discussed alternate rooms.

If you wish to speak to me regarding your concerns, please do not heistte to call me at 970.586.4476.

Regards,