“Wonderful Staff”

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Moravia, Iowa
“Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The BW here did not disappoint! I needed to find a room for my grandpa because our vacation rental cabin wasn't accessible after we had been told it would be. They rearranged some other rooms and got a first floor accessible room for my grandpa. Had a microwave and fridge/freezer. It was clean and comfortable. The woman at check in was also very helpful but ordering a tub/shower seat to use in the room, and wrote the breakfast voucher for 2 people in case one of us got down to eat with him. The TV didnt work so staff came to replace it. They waited until my grandpa got a nap in to come and repalce the TV and brign the shower seat. All around good experience. Price was still a little high, but it was the same room for three nights. They were very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I wish I would have read the negative reviews for this hotel before making my choice. This hotel has more rules than a school. The management is rude and watches you like a hawk. First you must have a voucher to attend breakfast. They stop you before you enter to verifiy your voucher. Second, you cannot take anything out of the breakfast area! So don't plan on dining in your room privately. I didn't have my coffee because I was afraid to get stopped for taking it out. We decided to skip their breakfast the next two days of our visit. This was a real inconvience for us, especially considering we paid a small fortune for the room. You also better not wash your face with the washclothes, if you stain them, you pay for them. To use the hot tub you must have a special key and you can only stay in for a short time, and they watch believe me. I have never had a vacation ruined because of a hotel, but this one came close. And we spent more money than expected because of the breakfast police. My family travels all over, my husband is retired military, I have NEVER experienced these sort of rules anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Willa1988
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Honestly, I struggle to find "quality" accommodations every time I visit Estes (which is at least yearly). It shouldn't be this hard. I want something clean, updated, with a heated pool (that works). This round, I had booked with another hotel, but they were unable to confirm that their pool would be open, so I canceled my reservation last minute and booked at the BW Silver Saddle. Boy -- am I ever GLAD I DID! This place is a GEM for summer stays! Someone else posted that this place is run "by the books" and they weren't kidding -- but not in an obnoxious way. More like an "honest approach" and it was refreshing to actually get what you pay for. This place was spotless...I mean, spotless. The room, the breakfast area, the pool, the vending area....it is all neat as a pin and the people were very friendly and helpful. The booked a standard king room but when we (myself and my 7 yr old) went into the room, we were shocked....it was the size of a 1 bedroom apartment with a separate living are, dressing area, separate bedroom and balcony. There was also a kitchen for those who are staying longer and would like to cook (cooking was the last thing I wanted to do on my vacation so it stayed securly closed while we were there!). There was a mini fridge that was cold enough to keep milk and other perishables at appropriate temps, and also a microwave. There were also 2 flat-screen tvs and the place is located near markets, theaters (in case of rainy weather) and gasoline....not to mention some fun activities like horseback riding, go-karts and bumper cars, bike rentals, etc. If you like to walk a lot you could probably walk into downtown easily enough (1/2 mile?), but we drove our rental car into town (and never had a parking problem returning late at night). The breakfast foods were very average (open until 9:30 am), but they were fairly fresh, some variety (eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereal, fruit, waffles) and more than plentiful. The front desk runs like a well-oiled machine....no glitches on this team. The pool area was terrific -- 3 ft to 8.5 ft deep, handicap accessible (lift chair) for people in wheelchairs, had a sunken bench in the deep end, and most importantly - it was WARM and sparkling clean. We were there 4 days and had it to ourselves at least part of every day (never crowded even when others joined). There is also an indoor spa/hot tub that we did not use, but many others did and seemed to enjoy. Will definitely stay here again in the summer (probably not the winter since there was no indoor pool and we go to Estes to vacation). There was some construction going on while we were there (they are expanding a wing of rooms) but none of it was disruptive to our sleep or our enjoyment of the pool area and the workers were very respectful of hotel guests. Again....it's a very organized operation.

Room Tip: Some rooms have kitchens - ask.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Nacogdoches, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel is ran according to all rules of protocol. Instructions and notices are posted for patrons to read and follow. You get exactly what you pay for; there are no surprises. The hotel is clean and very well managed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Milford,Pa
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here two nights while visiting Rocky Mountain National Park. The staff is excellent and the room was great except the air conditioner did not work well. The breakfast was good and the location is near the park and all the shops in Este Park. A treat for us was to see the Great Horned Owls behind the town library!

• Stayed June 2013