“Unnecessarily Stressful at Breakfast, weird layout, clean room”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Silver Saddle Inn
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Aurora, Illinois
“Unnecessarily Stressful at Breakfast, weird layout, clean room”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

First, upon check-in, they refused to give us three keys. We had four in our room, which they knew, and they would not give us three keys. They siad something about the manufacturer recommending giving only two keys so there is a third in case we lose one. It was weird, and we never have this problem at other normal hotels. Our room was clean, and clearly recently remodeled. Except, they put us in a handicap accessible room (we didn't need), and the floor level shower was very messy. We had to clean up tons of water every time we showered, which was annoying, but we couldn't safely walk in and out of the bathroom without using up all of our towels on the floor. It was less than ideal with kids to not have a bathtub available. As other reviewers have noted, the breakfast was crazy stressful. We sent the kids to eat while we got ready, and when checking out they gave my husband a hard time when he wanted to grab a cup of coffee and a hard-boiled egg to take in the car. He hadn't eaten yet, so it was RIDICULOUS to be given the third degree for something so simple. We paid for the room, we shouldn't feel stressed about getting breakfast! We would not stay here again simply because we like to feel welcomed and trusted when we stay in hotels.

3 Thank HappyMomof3kids

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Large rooms would be good for family. Very clean. 24 hour cancelation policy and 10AM checkout! Breakfast way to early and removal of food from dinning room restricted. could not even take a cup of coffee and a roll back to the room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank George B
Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were vacationing for three weeks this summer and this hotel was the biggest disappointment. Unlike all the other Best Western Hotels we have stayed on our trip, we felt like this hotel was satisfied with the money they got from us from this visit and was not trying to promote repeat business. Over our multi-day visit, the gentleman who works afternoon/ evenings was consistently unhelpful. Getting information from him about anything from hotel amenties to places to eat in the surrounding area was a challenge.
Also, it was the first time in years of traveling that I've ever felt that the hotel viewed me as untrustworthy. Upon arrival I read the hotel's wall posting that their staff must enter our room each day, even if we didn't need servicing, so that they could check on the condition of the room. You'd think they'd phrase it so that you'd think that they were coming on each day to check on the safety of their guests.
The Rocky Mountain National Park area is beautiful and worth seeing but I'd recommend staying at a different hotel.

2 Thank Rebecca B
BWPLUSSilverSaddle, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Silver Saddle Inn, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Rebecca:

I have read your reviews on both the Best Western survey and Trip Advisor. I am sorry our service did not meet your expectations. I know that I had interaction with you at check-out time when we discussed your early departure for a medical emergency at home. I wish that you had mentioned your dissatisfaction with our property at that time so that I could have addressed your issue in person.

The notice in the guest directory about entering the room daily is not intended to be impersonal. The policy is in place not only to maintain the guest room, but also to assure that the systems that provide guest comfort are operating properly. We will review and edit our wording so that it does not appear so impersonal.

I am sorry that you felt we did not address your inquiries about amenities and dining satisfactorily. I will share your comments with our staff and we will try harder in the future. I hope that you will give us another chance to be of service the next time you are in our area .

Liberty, MO, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The quality of the hotel was excellent. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and looked nice. The TV, A/C, refrigerator and other items worked very well. The pool was well maintained, and the breakfast was great! The other people staying at the hotel were friendly. The only problem we experienced had to do with the WiFi, which was really slow and did not produce a signal at times. I would return to the hotel if we vacation in Estes Park again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPLUSSilverSaddle, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Silver Saddle Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
John:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are working on a solution for the internet signal which should significantly improve the service. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Whenever I'm in Estes Park, I stay at the Silver Saddle. Everyone on staff is so nice, the rooms are incredibly clean and comfortable, and the price is right. Since I go to Estes Park to go into the mountains, I don't spend a ton of time in the hotel, however I like to have a home base. The Silver Saddle offers a relaxing atmosphere, a knowledgeable staff, and a nice break from an active vacation and a crazy busy town!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
BWPLUSSilverSaddle, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Silver Saddle Inn, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you again!

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I had a 5 days reservation, fully payable at time of booking and non refundable.
The first three days I had a lot wifi problems and the fourth day wifi twas completly down all the day which forced me to go for working three hours in a nearby hotel ...
Due to my job, I could not take the risk of a another day without wifi and I shortened my stay by one night ...
The hotel refused to refund me this night claiming the hotel rules ....
Against all logic, not fulfilling the hotel commitment services did not appear to be a problem
That is what we call double standards
Despite the paid night the hotel had not put on my loyalty points for this night ...
After a claim this was corrected but no refund accepted ...
I find lamentable this behavior ...
Fortunaltely the beautiful hotel Stanley has helped me with its great wifi … and an excellent restaurant

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MolitorArlon
We are sorry that you were not happy with the internet service at our hotel. The rewards points that you inquired about have been posted to your account. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Alliance
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is the 2nd time we've stayed at the Best Western PLUS Silver Saddle in Estes Park, CO - the staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and quiet. This is our first choice of motels in Estes Park. Location is very convenient too.