“Best views in Estes Park”

The Estes Park Resort
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Denver, Colorado
“Best views in Estes Park”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Just took a nice trip to Estes Park with my wife and we stayed at Lake Shore Lodge. We typically stay somewhere else in town, which wasn't available so opted to stay here since we have driven by it so many times. Great location right on the lake, the weather was beautiful. We had a room on the lake side and could walk out to our deck and see the mountains. We ate breakfast in the restaurant which was good. Room was nice, clean, and had all the amenities we need.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I loved the lodge. It was very warm and comforting. Absolutly beautiful;) Would strongly reccommend, however this is not a lodge that allows noise or late night activity.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Drake, CO
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I had my wedding reception here and it was amazing! With all my guests coming from the midwest, they were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the property was, and what excellent service they received. The location was great - right on Lake Estes with views of the Mountains. I worked with their wedding coordinator for several months on the plans which was easy and convenient. The staff was able to take care of setting up and coordinating the slideshow we played during the cocktail hour. We also had really great food. The halibut was my favorite and the guests enjoyed prime rib as well. We had also set up a post wedding brunch in the restaurant which offered great views and nice place to relax and say good bye to our family. All in all, I would highly recommend this spot for a wedding, my husband and I enjoyed every minute of it, as well as our guests!

Room Tip: Go for the Lake View - which you can see Longs Peak and the Continental Divide!
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamielynn_c
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This "premier lodge" is overpriced and dirty. A few staff were friendly and helpful, most made you feel that you were bothering them. VERY disappointing.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Debra W
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Hi Debra,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in 2011. I can say with pride that we have changed almost everything from when you were with us. We have improved in both areas - the physical building has been completely renovated floor to ceiling, and while often staff retention is beneficial - in this case, we are happy to say we have brought in many new team members who have hospitality in their natural personality. I hope if you do come to Estes Park again, you will stop in and see all the improvements we have made - I know you will be impressed! Safe travels.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Picked this place based on online reviews and pictures. I was willing to pay up to get AC and a more "modern" say. We ended up getting a basement room with a window that they call lake view. You can see the lake, but come on... Also it wasn't very clean. Saw lots of hair that want mine! BEd was terrible too. This is an older hotel that looks cool from the outside, but that's about it.
Would recommend Super 8 a block away. didn't look too bad and was half the price.

Room Tip: Request high floor
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Hello,
Thank you for providing your feedback. We agree with you - this hotel when you stayed with us in 2011 did not meet our expectations either! Based on our high expectations of ourselves, and customer feedback from people such as yourself - As of May 2012- we have completed a full renovation of our hotel. Every guest room, and all public spaces have been completely renovated and are brand new. We can confidently say our 12 year old hotel now has the nicest rooms in town - to go along with our beautiful natural setting. The next time you are in Estes Park, I hope you will consider staying with us again - your will certainly have an entire different experience - I am very confident in that! Safe travels!
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We were at the hotel for a family wedding. Our "mountain view" room faced the parking lot (we had paid extra for the mountain view). The room was fine, clean, etc.
Just a few hours after leaving, I realized I had left a blouse hanging in the closet. Even tho' that room was unoccupied for the night, it just couldn't be located and wasn't turned in by the housekeeping staff. (It seems to me that there would have only been one housekeeper in the room).
I travel for work and stay at hotels all over the country. For the rates of this hotel, I would expect more.
There are hotels all along the road with a similar view. I would recommend staying at one of those.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank turboshop
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The room was not well kept. The carpet was ripped & molding damaged. Housekeeping was less than spectacular, though the towels & sheets were clean. For the price, expected continental breakfast, but it was not included. Restaurant hotel very poor quality & bar over priced.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Hello DMama-
I am so sorry you did not have an enjoyable experience when you were with us. Please know - we hear you! As of May 2012- our ownership has invested about 2 Million dollars to completely renovate every one of our guest rooms, and all of our public areas - We can confidently say we now have the nicest rooms in town, to go with our naturally amazing views! I do apologize for the experience you had - but ask that you please consider giving us another opportunity to serve your travel needs. I can say you will not be disappointed again!