“The NEW Estes Park Resort”

The Estes Park Resort
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Event Coordinator, Meghan Beard and Chef, Alan Long will create a lasting memory for your event at The Estes Park Resort. Our rehearsal dinner couldn't have been better as the evening was flawless. From Meghan's attentive eye for detail and skill in putting her "long distance" clients at ease in assuring your event will be what you expect to Chef Long's talents in his kitchen presenting a five star culinary experience to you and your guests will always be remembered as the "kick off" to a wonderful wedding weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Hi Kathy E,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us! I love your title - we are indeed a New Resort - and your stay was an example of the efforts we are making to ensure every experience with us is a positive one! I hope you can join us again the next time you find yourself near Estes Park!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I bought a Groupon for this hotel and got a room with an amazingly beautiful view of the mountains, and overlooking a lake where there were several elk hanging around - it was wonderful! The rooms are a little odd - the bathroom only has a shower and toilet - the sink area is in the room next to the bed. I've not seen this before, so it seemed odd to me, but it really wasn't a big deal. Other than that I can only say good things about our time there - even though they were doing some remodeling, because even the men doing the work were super nice to us. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant one night and it was great, as was the service - although when we asked to charge our bill to our room, they didn't seem to be able to handle that, so we just paid it. It seems they need to get up to speed on a few things. The reason I am giving 4 stars stars is that it is old and needs some updating - hopefully the remodeling they are doing will take care of that. The location could not be more perfect - amazing views of the mountains, right on a lake, just a short drive to the cute little downtown area, and to Rocky Mountain National Park. There is a movie theater just up the street, as well as a few cafes, and a Safeway grocery store. I would definitely recommend this property, but I think the amount I paid with the Groupon (about half price) is all I'd be willing to pay to stay there - maybe after they update it I'll feel differently.

Room Tip: As for a room that faces west - toward the mountains and overlooking the lake. It is a spectacular...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Songstad
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Hello Songstad-

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with others - we value your input, and appreciate you taking the time to write. Our renovations are complete! Every guest room and essentially every piece of lobby space has been complete renovated - we are essentially a brand new hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you had as we completed these improvements - I hope the next time you find yourself in the Estes Park area, you will consider granting us the honor of serving your - so you may see the results of our efforts to make us the nicest hotel in Estes.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I went to this resort on a singles treat with some of my friends. From the time I walked through the door until i left, every individual from the staff to other guests were courteous. The rooms were spacious and provided many amenities, not to mention the cleanliness from the ceiling to the floor. The food was great, very well prepared. I nor any of the 30 plus people from my group had any complaints about the resort other than having to leave. It was very scenic, well placed and a great visit. I do look forward to coming back in the future and once again partaking in yet another amazing stay at The Estes Park Resort.
- Tyler Walker

Room Tip: Most every room has an amazing view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Greetings Tyler-
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with others! I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us! We indeed work very hard to ensure everyone has a great time while they are here, and I hope you can join us again in the future! Stay safe!

Reviewed 12 May 2012

After researching the area, I chose the Estes Park Resort for it's location and amenities. I was not disappointed! I booked a fantastic suite w/ 2 fireplaces, a jacuzzi, and 2 decks overlooking a lake. The snow capped Rocky Mountains were just beyond the town. Breathtaking! I traveled there for 4 days before going to a conference in Denver. The staff at the Resort was so friendly. The ambience in the dining room at the Resort was warm and welcoming thanks to the ladies who waited on me. They were so helpful in suggesting places to see in the Rocky Mountains and in Estes Park! The huge windows in the dining room provided a great view of the lake and the mountains. I spoke w/ Chef Alan about his menu of gourmet creations, which was wonderful. Try the salmon w/ the crispy, fried spinach.
Early one morning, there were 5 elk on the shore of the lake right outside my deck! Visit the Stanley Hotel and take the "Ghost Tour". It was full of surprises. And, DO NOT MISS The Riverspointe SPA!! I had at least 4 spa treatments while I was in Estes Park, & why not? The staff were, again, very friendly and helpful. I was so relaxed, ready for my conference! Note that the Spa is tucked away on the river, just behind the main street of the town. Easy to find. The town is full of shops and restaurants, and worthy of several visits. Stop by the Visitor's Center on Elkhorn Ave. for more information.
P.S.- The Resort has a pool and a hot tub, which I didn't have a chance to check out. There are also facilities to do your laundry.
I will be returning to the Estes Park Resort!

Room Tip: I had a corner suite on the top floor. I would pick a room on that floor again. I think it's br...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 36BettyBoop
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Hello 36BettyBoop-

Thank you so very much for the very encouraging comments about our resort! We love to hear great experiences such as the one you had with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with others on this travel site.
One quick note I would like to add to your comments - The Riverspointe Spa you speak highly of in your review - now are partners of ours and we have opened a spa inside our hotel! Spa services are now available - in partnership with Riverspointe Spa - either in the privacy of your guest room, or in our brand new spa treatment rooms.
Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to being your host again the next time you find yourself in Estes!

Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

My husband & I had our wedding dinner in the Mezzanine last summer and could not have asked for more. Some of our guests stayed here and had a great experience. We did a buffet- the food was excellent. Great bar tender. We got to bring in our cake from a local Estes Park bakery. GREAT value for us!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank BHendrickson1
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Hello BHendrickson1;

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others on TripAdvisor. We strive to make every guest stay a memorable one and I am very pleased to see we met your expectations! We look forward to being your host the next time you make your way to Estes Park!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Wow, my wife and I stopped in for lunch yesterday and had a huge surprise - the staff was amazingly polite and helpful, and then the food came, and it was wonderful. We sat there for a couple of hours, reading our books, having a cocktail, and interacting with staff.

Chef Alan came out and we chatted for a while. We were so impressed with him, as well as the rest of the staff, that we came back today for the Sunday brunch. Once again, excellent! Poncho cooked a couple of amazing omelettes, the prime rib was perfectly done, and everything else was so good, we ate everything we took!

At one point, the table next to us was telling the server how wonderful the sheets and blankets in the room were, and asking where they might be able to find at least the brand to purchase some to bring home. Next thing we know, the Housekeeping Manager was coming down to talk to the couple and answer their questions, on a Sunday!!

We enjoyed ourselves so much there that the next time we are in Estes, we plan to stay at the Estes Park Resort. Alan and the rest of the staff left such a great impression on us, I don't think it can be beat!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeanDougherty
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Hi Sean,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here for others to see. We are thrilled to hear of the positive trip you had with us, and I hope we can be of service to you again the next time you are in Estes Park!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed there for a weekend getaway with my sister. I had purchased a Groupon which covered a two-night stay with a food voucher. For the price we paid I think it was a great value. We had a lake-view room. It seemed as though the hotel had been partially remodeled - the bathroom fixtures were pretty contemporary but the carpet throughout the hotel could have used an upgrade. Our room had two queen-sized beds which were comfortable and the room was clean. We had a patio that overlooked a small lake.

We actually saw about 20 elk that had migrated over to the lake on Saturday night. They were on the one end of the lake but slowly moved over across the lake and were eventually right in front of our room - so the elk were about 5-6 feet from where I was standing on the patio watching. It was very cool and they didn't seem too bothered by the people watching them.

On Friday night the bar had live music. When we went down to the bar there were quite a few people there enjoying the music and some drinks. We sat down and ordered an appetizer and some drinks. The bar service was good and the atmosphere was laid-back relaxing. On Saturday there was no live music, so it was much less crowded.

Overall we had a great experience at the hotel especially for the deal we got. We enjoyed our experience at The Estes Park Resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Brittney K

Hello Brittney,
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay with us! I am very please to hear you had a positive experience, and enjoyed your time with us! I would like to let you know, that in the very recent time since your stay with us - the entire hotel carpeting has been replaced! Our renovations will be completed within a month, and we will have a brand new hotel interior for everyone to enjoy - along with the elk! Hope to see you again the next time you are in town!