“A good attempt but management missed the boat”

The Estes Park Resort
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Rooms nice and clean but small. Views are amazing. Air conditioning regulated with outdoor temp. Our room was hot response is open sliding door onto common patio. These goes security and privacy. Bar displayed a beautiful tall bloody Mary with a skewer to die for. Ordered one got a small glass very light pour no garnish. I asked and bartender said for display only sorry. Total misrepresentation. I would not stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We booked a last minute stay, so we were thankful that they had a room available. I originally booked a "garden view" room; after reading more reviews about this hotel, I discovered that there was no air conditioning in the "garden view" rooms. I called the hotel to inquire, and the staff was very helpful and said that there was not air conditioning in the room that we had reserved. Therefore, they gave me a free upgrade to their "lake view" room. (The most expensive room of the three types of room, lake view, mountain view, and garden view). The hotel is nice, recently remodeled. However, the rooms are a bit small for 4 people. They also had a laundry room with 2 washers and 2 dryers that cost $1 per load each. We had been traveling for 2 weeks, so we needed laundry facilities, and this was not advertised on their website. We were glad for the convenience of on-site laundry.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Hi StephanieM;
Thank you for being our guest! You are correct, we do have 5 guest rooms in our Garden Level which do have ceiling fans, however not air conditioning - which generally is acceptable as the temps tend to get into the 50's or 60's most summer nights - however the remaining guest rooms and the rest of the resort (as you experienced does have A/C). We are currently in the process of determining if we can add A/C to these last few rooms. I am glad to hear our Front Office was able to accommodate you and provide you with one of our Lakeview rooms! I thank you for your feedback, and hope next time you are in Estes, we will see you again!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stayed here last Wednesday night with my sister and her boys. Awesome lake view from our room! The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room wasn't huge, but it was very cute, super clean and the beds were very comfy - feather pillows! We had the ground/slightly below grade level, but it had a big window and slider, and we were able to walk right out the patio and start walking around the path at the lake. I would prefer the ground level again in the future. We ate breakfast outside on the deck and had yummy food and great conversation with a local retiree who eats there everyday. It was a great start to our vacation, and a perfect spot to unwind from the daily grind back in CA. The pool is indoors, pretty small and smelled of chemicals is the only downside of the hotel that I noticed. I will definitely go back again and stay longer.

Hello My4doggles,
Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with us, and enjoyed our walk out lakeview rooms! Thank you for your comment regarding our pool area, this is not typical, but we will certainly take swift action to ensure the odor source is eliminated. I hope you can join us again the next time you are in Estes Park!

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I just completed an AMAZING 31 hour Ladies Road Trip from CA to WI and reserved this as one of the stops along the way. This had everything from unbelievable views, helpful employees, great food, Beer/wine, spectacular rooms...as well as very clean and comfy! I would not hesitate staying here. The price was higher than most but you definitely get what you pay for :)

Room Tip: All rooms have a view...so choose away :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Hi tonyankent!
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property! We work hard every day to provide our guests with memorable experiences and Rocky Mountain hospitality - I am very pleased to see we met your expectations during your visit! I hope you can join us the next time you make your way to Colorado! Happy & Safe travels.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. We had a view of the lake which was nice and shared the balcony with all other rooms on the 3rd floor facing the lake. We dined at the hotel restaurant one night and enjoyed the views from the dining room as well as the food. The hotel is next to the marina where you can rent bikes, kayaks and boats.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

This hotel had a great location right on the lake. Make sure you ask for a room on the second or third floor as the first floor is really underground and feels a little dark.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Hello AJ-
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with others - Thank you even more for allowing us to serve your travel needs while in Estes Park. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your experience with us. I hope the next time you visit Estes, you will again grant us the pleasure of serving your lodging needs. Safe travels.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Our daughter had her wedding and reception here. She made this reservation almost two years ago and we had a few issues in the beginning and I was nervous we had picked the wrong place. Several employee changes which caused confusion. Some time ago I was told they now have new owners and a new manager which has made a world of difference. Nothing could have been better....organized, service was the best, food was amazing, rooms were very clean and beautiful. The entire staff was very helpful and could not have been better. The reception room was set up how our daughter requested it and the next day people were still talking about how wonderful the food was. We had 120 guests and food was hot with amazing presentation and taste. The breakfast (fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee, etc) in the a.m. for wedding guests was such a wonderful way to start the day!!! I would highly recommend The Estes Park Resort from stopping by for a relaxing drink, having a delicious meal, a wedding and reception, a sleeping room....any need you may have for a resort in Estes Park. The view is so wonderful for pictures. We did not do an arch or flowers outside because didn't want to take away from the view.

Room Tip: Would definitely suggest a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. What they consider the 1st floor is appare...
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Hello Lil-
Thank you so very much for allowing us to serve your needs on your daughter's special day! Reading your review has made my day! Since coming into this hotel - we have worked so very hard to improve the quality of our product and services - I am thrilled to hear that we have met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience with others on this site, and I hope if you ever find yourself again in Estes Park - you will grant us the honor of again being your host!