Coyote Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$176
Columbine Inn(Estes Park)
US$179
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$282
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$171
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$228
Saddle & Surrey Motel(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$166
The Maxwell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$182
The Historic Crags Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$242
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$166
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
US$385
  • Restaurant
All reviewslake viewwaterfront grilllakeside roomwalking pathfront desk staffindoor poolthird floorchose this placeking roomoff seasontwo night staybeautiful scenerydowntown areahot tubrocky mountainsbalconywedding
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This hotel is a basic hotel that is over priced. The rooms are average quality and age. If you happen to get a lake view you might add some value to that. TV was too low, not mounted or set high enough to view from bed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Alice H, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hello BobHopper,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Estes Park Resort. I am sorry you were disappointed. I hope you were able to take home some pleasant memories of your visit to the area.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Actual room was nice with a good view of lake. Bed comfortable. When we arrived, room we reserved for 4 nights was not available- king with sleeper sofa. Had to settle for room with 2 queen beds. It was only the 2 of us. The king room would have seemed less like an average hotel room. Toilet stopped up, so they delivered a plunger and left. Toiletries were never replenished. Left empty lotion bottle open on top of wash cloth. They gave me new wash cloth but no lotion. If they want to bill themselves as a luxury hotel, they need to pay greater attention to details.

Food in on-site restaurant (Waterfront Grill) was excellent but over-priced. Bowl of oatmeal, bowl of fruit, one waffle, 3 pieces of bacon and 2 glasses of orange juice cost $36 before tip. Happy Hour was a good deal for yummy appetizers to share.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kristin M

Hello Kristin M,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay at The Estes Park Resort. I have reviewed your feedback with the staff. It is important for us to hear when we do not achieve our goal of exemplary guest service. Again, I apologize and hope we will have the opportunity to show you the service we are capable of in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this resort recently due to its location on the lake. I had booked a lakefront king, 2nd or 3rd floor. Upon arrival the young gentleman tried to put me on ground floor, which is actually partially below ground. I immediately corrected him on room type. He took me to a 2nd floor king without a lake view. Again wrong. Finally after talking with the cleaning crew they told the desk clerk an employee was sleeping in the room I was to receive. They told him this several times! Appalling. He finally found a lakefront room. No king. No phone to contact hotel staff or order from kitchen. Murphy bed.lake view was of a gazebo? I cannot fathom how the cleaning crew was not waking up their fellow employee, cleaning said room so I could get what I had booked. I immediately walked back to the front desk to ask for a phone. Same young man said they didn't have any? Had to walk back to front desk to find room service menu, then walk to restaurant and get takeout. All the reasons I chose this hotel were unavailable for my visit. Update your site or dont sell rooms you don't have. Went back in the morning, asked for manager. None on duty. Evidently none there when I checked in either or the desk clerk had no interest in trying to remedy the problem. Came back from days activities and finally a manager appeared. She was aware of my issues, but I had to approach for some resolution. Manager said "she'd look into it". Never heard from her again. This is a great property. Nice location, quiet, walking distance to outdoor activities. The staff needs proper training. The only helpful person was the girl in the restaurant who had to help get our takeout to our room. Step it up, guys. Train your workers well, and management needs to step up their game. Don't ever forget the client is who keeps the doors open.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trailsendtravel

Hello trailsendtravel,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced during your stay at the Estes Park Resort. Your concerns have been reviewed with the team as a training opportunity. Unfortunately this cannot erase the disappointment and frustration you experienced during your stay. I do hope you were able to take home some fond memories of your visit to the Estes Park area.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My family had a wonderful stay at the Estes Park Resort. We stayed in a lake view room on the third floor of the hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable. There was a great view of the lake and mountains from our balcony. (All lake view rooms on the second and third floors of the hotel have balconies facing Lake Estes.) We loved being able to keep the balcony door open all night and keep the room cool with crisp mountain air. Several other reviewers have noted that the bathroom sink is in the main room. I didn't really think this was strange; many other hotels in the west seem to be set up this way.

The hotel is right along the walking path that circles Lake Estes. There is also a fitness area, with fitness equipment, a pool and spa, and saunas on the lower level of the hotel. The pool looked a bit cloudy when we were there, but the fitness area, otherwise, looked well maintained.

We stayed at the hotel for two nights, and we ate in the dining room for breakfast on both mornings. The hotel had the tastiest breakfasts that we had during our whole trip to Colorado. We were surprised that the restaurant seemed so empty in the mornings, as the food was so good! I cannot comment on the food at other times of the day.

The Estes Park Resort is quite expensive during the summer season. However, all hotels in town know there are a ton people visiting Rocky Mountain National Park and fighting for rather limited lodging space. Supply (especially of nicer lodging) is low and demand is high, and the Estes Park Resort is one of the nicer hotels in town. Though expensive, it was a great base for us as we explored Rocky Mountain National Park.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a lake view room with a balcony, make sure you book a "lake view" room on the second or third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Good Day AlpineArchie,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Estes Park Resort. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you the next time you explore the Estes Park area.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We enjoyed our two night stay at this property on the shore of Lake Estes. We were a little leery after reading a review of the first floor rooms being below ground level. Luckily I had booked a room with a lake view (which we found out later was below ground level) and it was much better than the front of the hotel first floor rooms. Be aware of booking first floor rooms unless they face the lake!! The front first floor rooms have no views and are quite dark and dungeon like. There Is a great walking/running trail around the lake right outside the doors and food at the Grille was quite good. We did have a slight problem with the vanity in our room though. It was extremely low and since we are a bit tall we were bending in half to get to the water to wash our faces and brush our teeth. We figured it was made for children.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gypsylife

Good Day gypsylife,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the view from your room. It is true that there is a wide variety of size, views and style with our rooms as not all rooms face the lake. The room descriptions on our website attempt to clearly describe the rooms booked and our Guest Services staff can assist guests if there are any questions or concerns. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.