“Great time at Tiny Town”
Review of Tiny Town Cabins

Tiny Town Cabins
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My husband and I stayed in cabin number 7, Pine Cone. It was perfect for what we needed. It's an older cabin, but it looked like they made some updates recently. The bed was great, sheets and comforter seemed newer, towels were better than any hotel we've ever been to, and everything was CLEAN! First evening there we watched about 25 elk come through the river and hang out among the cabins. The next night we heard a bear turn the dumpster over. They have plenty of pinic tables around the cabins and by the river. The only warning I have about this place is the size of the bathroom. We are two thin people and felt very cramped for space in the shower. Would be very difficult for elderly folks as well. we would definely return, even take the kids next time.

2  Thank Ann K

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We booked a 5 night stay from August 18-22, 2013 in Tiny Town based on the reviews at Trip Advisor and our limited knowledge of the area. We were very pleased with the #4 cabin! Some of the amenities are dated, but everything is very clean and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. This unit has a king size bed and futon. We had a great view of the mountains from our cabin and sat down by the Big Thompson for a lazy afternoon. This is a very quiet place and we even met adjoining cabin dwellers. We had no issues whatsover! We did request a fan as these units do not have AC, but unless you plan on staying inside for your entire trip, the fan was adequate for bringing in the cool mountain air. I would return again if we find ourselves in the Estes Park area.

Room Tip: Request a fan in the summertime.
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in the 'Happy Ours' cabin for a few days and loved it. The cabin was cozy and had everything we needed. They are right by the river which was relaxing and it was a nice and quiet atmosphere. I was a little surprised at first to find out there was no a/c but we weren't inside much during the day and there were plenty of windows to open up and let it cool down in the evening. We were also lucky enough to see elk make their way through our area to the river one night. Overall it was a great experience and I'd definitely stay there again

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here the first weekend in August and we had #17 Lone Pine. These cabins are very nice and rustic, which was perfect for what my boyfriend and I were looking for. The Lone Pine has a very comfortable king size bed and older propane stove/oven, the stove is easy to figure out but the oven is pretty tricky (we just said screw it and ate out the last morning because we couldnt figure out the oven) **Just a note to management: I would HIGHLY reccomend providing instrucions for how to work the stove/oven as im sure many people are not accustomed to using these or maybe attach a "how to" video to the conformation e-mail. Overall this was a fantastic place to stay and will definetly be coming again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Gail E, General Manager at Tiny Town Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The cabins are really cozy. Last night there was a huge bear that wandered through. Reminds us all that we live in their country.

Come back and stay again. You will receive a 10% discount for a second stay.

Have a good remainder of your summer and thanks again.

Gail Ellis

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed in a cabin over the 4th of July weekend which had an older defective stove that developed a gas leak. I returned from a day of hiking and gas fumes were in the kitchen. Management would not acknowledge how serious a gas leak could be. There were no instructions on lighting the stove. I was told they are "replacing older stoves." Please be advised that the management, which runs other local properties, operates strictly from a corporate perspective and will not apologize or voluntarily make better a bad experience. BTW the cabins are 1940s vintage, with small/old TV and photos on the website do match reality. My cabin had no dishware to prepare food. If you stay ask for a cabin with a new stove and having some basic dishware.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Gail E, General Manager at Tiny Town Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

I am sorry you found your stay with us in Tiny town Cabins to be so unsatisfactory. You and I have spoken about your situation and I gave you a refund for a portion of your stay.

We did have the stove issue addressed and there was nothing found wrong with the stove itself. As I had mentioned in our conversation, in that particular cabin the pilot lights go out when it is excessively windy and the door is open. Someone had turned off the gas at the line, which should never be touched without express permission to do so. This created your problem when you turned the gas on before leaving for your hike and not relighting the pilot lights. We now have clear concise instructions printed for customers who stay in cabins that have the older stoves.

Each cabin is supplied with plates, 2 sizes of glasses, mugs, cooking utensils and pots and pans. I am sorry you were unable to find them to do your cooking.

We have no corporate offices and are not run by a large corporation. I remember apologizing to you for your experiences here as well as refunding your money.

Again, I am sorry your stay was not a pleasant one for you.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We spent two nights in #9, Happy Ours, and will definitely stay there again if we're in the area. The cabin had all your kitchen essentials, a sitting area near the fireplace with a bed in the same room, and an enclosed porch with a dining table. The location is the best! We could see and hear the river, watch ground squirrels and rabbits from the cabin, walk to the grocery and liquor store, and get into the park or town in 5 minutes. The decor and aroma remind me of a cross between my grandparents' house and a log cabin, which was a little odd but otherwise fine. It fit our needs perfectly in the middle of a two week road trip and we would happily return.

Room Tip: Each cabin is different so be sure to check the descriptions online.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We just returned from our stay in Estes Park and the Tiny Town Cabins. We stayed in Sweet Dreams, #16 and found it to be just what we needed. The location was quiet and close to everything we needed; views of the Rocky Mountains were spectacular and the sound of the Big Thompson River near us was relaxing. On one of the evenings, we had several elk come through the expanse of lawn in front of the cabins and walk right through our driveway.
The cabin itself was cozy. If you are looking for extra sheets/blankets, etc, remember to look in the dresser. The staff checking us in/out was very helpful.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Gail E, General Manager at Tiny Town Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

We do appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review on Tiny Town Cabins. I am pleased that you so enjoyed your stay. The river this year is really special. Just a gentle hum of running water. We appreciate you spending your time in Estes Park with us. We would love to have you stay with us again on your next trip. You will receive a 10% discount for your return visit. Have a wonderful summer.

Gail