Streamside on Fall River
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$165
The Historic Crags Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$269
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$190
QualityInn
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$278
Hotels.com
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$177
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
US$341
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$164
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$149
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$152
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$166
Hotels.com
All reviewsfall riverhot tubwild turkeysgas fireplacefull kitchentwo bedroom cabinthe king size bedclose to townto rocky mountain national parkwe loved our stayfront porchpropertywildlifeofficeestesdishwasherunits
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Beautiful clean rooms, GREAT location not out of town but at your cabin you feel out of town!!! Great little swimming pool/hot tub area! Finished every afternoon with our 3 year old and 6 month old! And a cocktail! Brought from our room of course.cabins are connected to each other but still all have personal yards and many have hot tubs right on the deck. Our hot tub was in the far corner so not very inviting only used it one night. First night of course. We would defiantly go back!!!! Great place!!!! Staff was super friendly!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just got back from a trip to Estes, loved it! When planning the trip and booking the place to stay, I kept coming up empty handed because pretty much every place I wanted was already booked for the days I had planned for the trip. I called a property and was referred to Streamside on Fall River saying that they probably had a vacancy. I thought "oh great, I'm going to get stuck at a bad property"... I was so wrong! I didn't get "stuck" at all, it was a great place to stay! Streamside is a small property, so don't expect a big layout, the size was perfect. We stayed in cabin #14, and it was great! Hot tub on the deck, Fall River right behind us, peaceful neighbors and a very short walk to the swim spa, which my kids played in every day while I sat in one of the community hot tubs by the swim spa. I say "community", but it was always just me in the tub. I did see four other people total using the hot tubs and/or swim spa in the four days that we were there, so it's very peaceful :-). Unfortunately we didn't see any of the resident Elk or the elusive bear that frequent the property, but we did see Elk up close and personal at Bear lake.

Bear lake is an easy hike for kids and adults. We also hiked to Alberta Falls, which was pretty, but the best part was detouring off the beaten path and getting further into the natural nature... If you do the Bear Lake deal, get there early if you want to park your car and not take the shuttle. There is quite a bit of parking, but it fills up fast. We got there at 8:00 and there was still a lot of spots, but the cars were filtering in pretty fast. And don't make the same mistake I made, and pass right on by Bear Lake Rd. Once you enter the park at the Beaver Meadows Entrance, Bear Lake Rd is almost immediately on your left. I missed it and went about 9 miles into the park before I realized something was amiss. I turned around and found my way back to where I was supposed to be and still had a parking spot waiting for me, but it was still early. Others have mentioned construction on Bear Lake Rd, but we didn't encounter any.

Definitely drive Old Fall River Rd. It's a one-way, pretty tight and steep cliffs at times, but absolutely gorgeous. You end up at Alpine Visitors Center where you get back on Trail Ridge Rd above the tree line, also breath taking.

If you walk up Rock Cut, make sure you stop and listen....... You'll hear nothing but perfect silence (pending no wind). It was so intensely quiet and peaceful. We went up right after a rain storm rolled through so we were the only ones there which was nice.

We went horseback riding one morning, also a must. I booked through Sombrero Ranch, which is on the outskirts of town. I thought that since it was so close to Estes that we would be taking a boring route, but I was again proven wrong! We were immediately heading up into the mountains, it was so peaceful. We had a small group, only six total plus our guide. I booked the breakfast ride, which was perfect. We rode for about an hour and twenty minutes, had breakfast pancakes, sausage and eggs at the little "camp", then hopped back on our rides and took off back onto the trail. The trip back was about thirty minutes, so it was a decent amount of time on the trails. I think that next time I'll book a longer ride, but definitely through Sombrero Ranch! Great people! This was my kids favorite part of the trip...

So, long story made even longer, Streamside on Fall River was a GREAT place to stay! The staff were all very polite, the cabin was very clean, the grounds are immaculate and peaceful, that's if you don't mind the cute little chipmunks scurrying around :-)... The river is crystal clear, I didn't see any trout, but our neighbors caught one and said another guy caught six the day before. I wish you could bottle up the fresh pine smell and take it home! Bottom line, we WILL stay at Streamside again, already planning next years visit...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank crazyinkc
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The room was clean, fresh, and tidy. The bed was wonderful. The bathroom sparkled and the shower was refreshing. The bathroom could have used a shelf area for my personal toiletries.

My only complaint is that it was tiny - barely wider than the king-sized bed it contained. If I had planned on spending any time in the room, it would have been a cramped experience. But for resting between hikes, it was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our second time at Streamside was as satisfying as the first. Excellent facility and staff. Warm, friendly, clean, safe and quiet. Ten minutes from RMNP gate and 10 mins. from town. Definitely look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Stay close to Fall River if unit is available. Cabin 6 is close to private house that was a bit noisy on two nights.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Streamside for years. The staff is friendly, the grounds are beautiful, and manager Julie is the queen of hospitality. The rooms are well kept up and homey, and the inside and ourside are neat and clean. The area is very quiet, and occasionally, an elk (even the large bull elk males) will wander by. Estes Park, Colorado is one of the premier vacation locations in the US, and staying at Stramside just makes it all better.

Going to sleep at night with the cheeerfully bubbling Fall River outside your window is a special treat!!!

Room Tip: Ask Julie or one of the other folks at the desk to get you a room near the river. Going to sleep at night or reading by the river in the afternoon are a real treat in these cabins.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family