“Friendly Staff and Great Ice Cream”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yesterday's Ice Cream Shoppe
Ranked #8 of 8 Dessert in Estes Park
Description: A small ice cream shop in Estes Park, CO.
Description: A small ice cream shop in Estes Park, CO.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

After a long hike I wanted a little "treat" for myself. I stopped in and tried Tiger Butter ice cream in a chocolate chip waffle cone and it was great. The staff are very friendly and offer free samples. If you are looking for a little indulgence, stop in!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I admit it: I make up excuses to visit Estes so we can stop here for the milkshakes. The service is excellent, and they will customize your shake. I order the Black and White as a Black and Brown (coffee ice cream in place of the vanilla), and modify the toppings as well.

We sometimes bring my BF's daughter who is a Type 1 diabetic. She can have ice cream treats sometimes provided we get the carb count EXACTLY right. These guys really worked with us to make sure that everything was measured and counted so she could enjoy her treat safely. Thanks guys.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I'm an ex-local of Estes Park and when I say everyone in Estes Park eats ice cream I mean it. If you drive through the middle of town, look around. You'll see several people with ice cream. But if you want the best ice cream you have to go here. There's nowhere to sit inside, but when you're in Estes Park why would you want too?? The owner/manager TJ doesn't have the best attitude, but you can't beat the ice cream. We used to live in Estes Park and this is the only place we would go to for our frozen treats!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stopped here the day after a big ice cream disappoint in one of the several such places on Elkhorn Avenue. The Blue Bell sign out front assured us that the selection would not be a low quality product, and we were all very pleased with our selections. I tried a sample of the Italian cream cake flavor before settling on the Southern blackberry cobbler tub, on one of the special waffle cones. I tasted the fudge nut brownie flavor, which was just as high quality ad the others. One scoop in one of the special cones was $4.91, while another person had scoops of 2 different flavors in a cup for just pennies more. So if you are an ice cream aficionado, I suggest you skip the cones and just enjoy the ice cream. Service was not especially friendly this particular day on the Labor Day weekend; I had to pay for my serving before my wife, son, and small grandchildren ordered theirs. Perhaps it was my graying hair and hiking boots that made us look suspicious!

1  Thank Charlie S
Reviewed 8 August 2013

What follows a tough hike better than good ice cream! Needless to say, we had to come back here several times :)